Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag in Killarney

Options
  • 25-01-2015 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi,

I have a stag in February and we have decided the Killarney is the place of choice. I've been to a couple of stags and stayed in the Danny Man, has anyone got recommendations for another hotel, 25 or so lads late to early 30's.

Also, any recommendations on pubs etc for that time of year?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Gill_Murph

Hi,

I have a stag in February and we have decided the Killarney is the place of choice. I've been to a couple of stags and stayed in the Danny Man, has anyone got recommendations for another hotel, 25 or so lads late to early 30's.

Also, any recommendations on pubs etc for that time of year?

Thanks

Hi,

For places to stay ye should consider renting a house or an apartment. I know the Gleneage have apartments and they fit to 5 people, I think. But saying that the Gleneagle is a good 5-10 minute walk from town. There's also apartments in Scott's in the centre of town which is also a good place to hit. Always a good buzz around there, particularly on a Saturday night.

Another place to go is The Cube which is good enough aul craic and does cocktails if that's what ye're into.

I don't know if you have heard of the Shire, it's a Lord of the Rings style pub. It's very hyped up but it might be worth a visit.

The Failte is just across from Scott's and always a good spot to go to. Good music and atmosphere too.

If ye like your pints Courtney's do a lovely one. Also a good place to hit.

Scruffys is a late bar in town with a DJ. It's lively, upbeat and always a crowd after 12 o'clock

Ye have a choice of 3 nightclubs to go to, The Grand - which I would definitely recommend on a Sunday to Friday night.

The Crypt would be a good choice too because it would be near and around your age group but the best night club to visit on the Saturday would be McSorleys for a group on a stag.

Hope this helps! :) Might even join ye for a pint! :P

Gill_Murph wrote: »
    Another place to go is The Cube which is good enough aul craic and does cocktails if that's what ye're into.

Stags go mad for pink gins! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 boardmember

Gill_Murph wrote: »
    Hi,

For places to stay ye should consider renting a house or an apartment. I know the Gleneage have apartments and they fit to 5 people, I think. But saying that the Gleneagle is a good 5-10 minute walk from town. There's also apartments in Scott's in the centre of town which is also a good place to hit. Always a good buzz around there, particularly on a Saturday night.

I don't know if you have heard of the Shire, it's a Lord of the Rings style pub. It's very hyped up but it might be worth a visit.

The Failte is just across from Scott's and always a good spot to go to. Good music and atmosphere too.

If ye like your pints Courtney's do a lovely one. Also a good place to hit.

Scruffys is a late bar in town with a DJ. It's lively, upbeat and always a crowd after 12 o'clock

Ye have a choice of 3 nightclubs to go to, The Grand - which I would definitely recommend on a Sunday to Friday night.

The Crypt would be a good choice too because it would be near and around your age group but the best night club to visit on the Saturday would be McSorleys for a group on a stag.

Hope this helps! :) Might even join ye for a pint! :P

Thanks for all that!!!

Advertisement