Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't transfer money from Savings to Current account

Options
  • 25-01-2015 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭

I have a normal demand deposit account, one I've had since long before online banking.

For the first time in a long time this evening I've tried to transfer from the deposit a/c to my current a/c and the option is not available?  I can only transfer money from my current account.  I have many times in the past transferred funds from this savings account to my current account.

This is a problem as I have a large bill to pay the day before payday!

Edited to state the obvious: this problem relates to 365online, both desktop and mobile app.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Ben D Bus,

Thanks for your post.

Depending on the last time there were credits/debits on the savings account, it may have become dormant. An account becomes dormant when there has been no activity in some time.

Please call Bank of Ireland 365 on 0818 365 365 / +353 1 4044000 and a representative will be happy to look into this for you.

Representative assisted hours are 8am - 12midnight Mon - Fri and 9am - 6pm Sat, Sun and Bank/Public holidays.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Thanks.  That's what happened.  But only 11 months to become dormant?  It's my 'quick access' account, the one I keep for when I need to pay for something in a hurry, or pay a large bill the day before payday!  An account that's rarely used.  I guess I need to transfer 1 Euro in and out every 6 months then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Ben D Bus wrote: »
    Thanks.  That's what happened.  But only 11 months to become dormant?  It's my 'quick access' account, the one I keep for when I need to pay for something in a hurry, or pay a large bill the day before payday!  An account that's rarely used.  I guess I need to transfer 1 Euro in and out every 6 months then?
    Hi Ben D Bus,

Thanks for your reply. 

We'd like to help you further with this. If you would like a call back from a colleague with account access who can clarify what may have happened in this case, please send us a private message with your name, account holding branch and contact number. We will then ask a colleague to contact you. 
    If you would like to send us a private message, please click on the link in my signature below (please have signatures set to display in your Boards settings). 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

It's OK, I'll pop into my branch at lunchtime today with my photo ID and make the necessary transfer there & then.

Advertisement