Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maxi Cosi IsoFix

Options
  • 25-01-2015 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Serious confusion this end with regards to the isofix situation! We are getting the "Bugaboo" pram package in M&P's in the coming weeks and a MaxiCosi car seat is included in this package. The Isofix base is not. I have no problem buying one but I am wondering are the bases suitable for the different MaxiCosi seats. Obviously I know as the child grows I will have to get newer car seats but do I have to get the Base as well or will the isofix Base (MaxiCosi one) be suitable for all MaxiCosi seats.

Cheers for all help in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Jurrrr wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Serious confusion this end with regards to the isofix situation! We are getting the "Bugaboo" pram package in M&P's in the coming weeks and a MaxiCosi car seat is included in this package. The Isofix base is not. I have no problem buying one but I am wondering are the bases suitable for the different MaxiCosi seats. Obviously I know as the child grows I will have to get newer car seats but do I have to get the Base as well or will the isofix Base (MaxiCosi one) be suitable for all MaxiCosi seats.

Cheers for all help in advance!

I think most isofix bases are specific to a particular car seat. Or at least are specific to one or 2 types of seat. The base we have is specific to the maxi cosi cabrio.

Just to mention also, I would check around regarding prices of your package. Then isofix base was included in our bugaboo package which came to 1250.
    Cameleon 3 pram, car seat, isofix, footmuff, canvas covers for seat (blue fabric) and seat (for when baby grows out of carrycot), belly bar.

It's a bit crap that they're not including the isofix for you imo when you're spending so much.

Sorry just to add, when our fella grew out of the maxi cosi cabrio the second carseat we got was the maxi cosi axis. And the isofix we got for the cabrio does not fit our second seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Jurrrr

Thanks for all the help Sligo1, it really seems like a scam of a system regarding the Isofix bases. I thought that there would be one Base that would do the job throughout.

I may be wrong that the Base isn't included in the bugaboo set alright. I hope it is! Seems to be an expensive system. Think the one we are getting is what you described above.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I got a bugaboo too and I was raging I didn't get a 0-18kg ERF seat instead. If you want a "baby" seat 0-13kg ask for the 2way fix base and the pebble plus car seat. The two way fix base will then fit the next stage seat 9-18kg "the pearl". The pebble plus is more expensive then the cabriofix but you will save in the long run as you will reuse the base. Or if you aren't bothered about putting it on the chassis get a 0-18kg seat, mamas and papas have a seat 0-18kg called "cybex sirona" there are a lot of other options but I don't know exactly what other brands mamas and papas sell!!

I got the besafe izi go and my baby outgrew it in 7 months :( I didn't go with the cabriofix as it was only a 3 point harness and never considered the pebble as when I bought it the pearl (next stage seat) was forward facing. Some of my friends bought the pebble with the family fix base and are now using the base with the (old) pearl forward facing.

Millem is an expert on car seats and knows A LOT more than me so I'd go with what she says. Lol. I must have a chat with you later about my next car seat purchase Millem! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Jurrrr

The bugaboo pram comes with a maxi Cosi "pebble" seat. We need a isofix Base with this, the one to get is the "family fix" base. This will be compatible with the pebble car seat we get with the pram and then the next stage car seat called the "Pearl". Saves having to get another Base when baby grows out of the pebble! Think I have it down now!

Jurrrr wrote: »
    The bugaboo pram comes with a maxi Cosi "pebble" seat. We need a isofix Base with this, the one to get is the "family fix" base. This will be compatible with the pebble car seat we get with the pram and then the next stage car seat called the "Pearl". Saves having to get another Base when baby grows out of the pebble! Think I have it down now!

Yes that's exactly it! Except I would ask for the brand new pebble its called the "pebble plus" it should be in shops in the next week or two. It goes on the 2way fix base which then works on the new pearl "2way pearl" car seat. Both the pebble plus and 2way pearl are Isize seats.
    Rearward travelling is much safer than forward facing in the event of the crash

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

To throw a spanner in the works we went for a family fix base with the intention of using it with the next stage car seat. In the end we went for a different seat that is rear facing until four years or a certain weight and came with an integrated base. Ended up using the family fix base for our second until he moved into a second rear facing seat.

lazygal wrote: »
    To throw a spanner in the works we went for a family fix base with the intention of using it with the next stage car seat. In the end we went for a different seat that is rear facing until four years or a certain weight and came with an integrated base. Ended up using the family fix base for our second until he moved into a second rear facing seat.

Lazy gal we would of ended up doing the same if we had gone for the pebble ;) I wouldn't put my baby forward facing. the 2way fix wasn't out then though. I think the problem is they don't know much about ERF seats in the shops. I have an intergrated base seat 0-18kg which I will use from birth if I ever have another baby, I was never one for putting the car seat on my bugaboo anyway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Yeah I can count on two hands the number of times I used the adapter for the car seat on the chassis. Always preferred having them in the proper bassinet or buggy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement