Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holidays!

Options
  • 25-01-2015 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭

Has anyone any recommendations of where to go on holidays with a will be 1 & 3 year old in Ireland? I live in Kerry so not there ;) we've discounted trabolgan too... We are thinking self catering

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I can't recommend anywhere as it all depends on personal preference and what you want, but you are doing the right thing by going self catering. With kids that age it's the only way to go, as personally, I think staying in a hotel is a pain with young kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Cyning we went ocean island caravan and camping park in fethard on sea (wexford) last year. L was 3 months A was just gone 2. we got a 2 bedroom caravan. A in single bed and L in travel cot in with us. There is so much to do in the area. we went in June and was only €350 for the week. we could cook , had a fridge, no bath so showered A and washed L in the sink.
    We did get the week of really really good weather last year . It was great, so many beaches close by, hook light house only a short drive away, JFK memorial park, Wells house about an hour away but deff worth the drive. check it out. we really enjoyed it.
    we normally camp and have all the camping gear but as L was so yound we decided caravan be best that year. Seriously considering going back there or finding something very like it.

http://www.oceanislandmobilehomes.com/things_to_do_fethard/family_holiday_breaks.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Oh that sounds promising Suuccee: the plan originally was Wales but really don't feel comfortable about going off with S in case she gets sick! Definitely self catering couldn't do it any other way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

cyning wrote: »
    Oh that sounds promising Suuccee: the plan originally was Wales but really don't feel comfortable about going off with S in case she gets sick! Definitely self catering couldn't do it any other way!

Yea i wouldnt blame you. i think there are holiday homes close by that caravan park too . but we really enjoyed it there. and as it was June most places we went werent really busy as it was still school term time. works out cheaper at that stage too.

Advertisement