Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MicroChip databases

• 25-01-2015 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi, I'm just wondering if I should register my dogs chip number in more than 1 database. One of my dogs is registered with fido, the other with animark. Can I register the chip number with multiple databases? I'm thinking of this just now bc we found a dog over the wkd, borrowed a chip checker tonight so have the number but it's not registered with either website. Will ring the dog warden tmrw.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭bluejelly

It seems I can register in more than 1 dB, just tried it on animark.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

You can register them on as many databases as you want, as long as you pay the fee!
    In any case, as a general rule, people who scan for a chip will first check the european database to see which local database the chip is registered with.
    Then, they'll go check the local database.
    The latter is far easiest with Fido, and they are the chip database of choice because they're so accessible, easy to deal with, and very easy to get in contact with in an emergency. I think most rescues and pounds would agree!

Advertisement