Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final bill after cancelling

Options
  • 25-01-2015 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    I gave notice of cancellation and our account is to be closed the 5th of February. However, I received a bill for €99.99 on the 9th of January for the next two months from 13/01/2015 - 12/03/2015.
    I have spoken to ComReg and they said to contact Eircom and request an amended bill.I rang eircom and the person I spoke to said they would not amend the bill, that I would have to pay the €99.99 and then my account would be credited.
    As our account will be closed the 5th of Feb, I have no intention of paying the €99.99 and would like the bill amended to reflect the days we will be availing of the service.

Thank you.
    damokc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Damokc wrote: »
    Hello,
    I gave notice of cancellation and our account is to be closed the 5th of February. However, I received a bill for €99.99 on the 9th of January for the next two months from 13/01/2015 - 12/03/2015.
    I have spoken to ComReg and they said to contact Eircom and request an amended bill.I rang eircom and the person I spoke to said they would not amend the bill, that I would have to pay the €99.99 and then my account would be credited.
    As our account will be closed the 5th of Feb, I have no intention of paying the €99.99 and would like the bill amended to reflect the days we will be availing of the service.

Thank you.
    damokc.
    Hello Damokc

Please PM me your eircom account number and I will look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    AL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Damokc

Any update on this Alan?

Any update on this Alan?

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Damokc

I have looked in to this and I can assure you that you will receive a final bill up to 10 working days after the account is closed.

There is no need to pay the existing bill now as you will only be charged up to the day the account is closed.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]The closing bill will reflect the amendment in accordance to the closing dat
    [/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]
    Thanks
    AL[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Damokc

Thanks for your help Alan.

Thanks for your help Alan.
    You're welcome Damokc

Thanks
    Al