Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Shower. Pull cord type isolator required?

Options
  • 25-01-2015 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Does anyone know if an external fitted, suitably rated flick switch, like those used for a cooker can be used as a shower isolator or must a pull cord type one be used?

What's the relevant regs here.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,097 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

corglass wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Does anyone know if an external fitted, suitably rated flick switch, like those used for a cooker can be used as a shower isolator or must a pull cord type one be used?

What's the relevant regs here.

Thanks

Cooker switch is fine (better in my opinion). Would have to be on outside bathroom wall. Never in the hot press.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

Thanks. The cooker one is being installed outside the ensuite door, in the bedroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

you can get 45 Amp double pole isolators in single gang too, so nice and small. That is what I used in my house, right beside the light switch to the bathroom, far better job IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭TSQ

Is it a requirement for integrated fridge freezers to have an isolator switch for the socket (the socket is inaccessible, behind the fitted unit). Also, is there any rule regarding the location of the isolator switch? I want to mount it above the fridge, out of reach, so it can't be accidentally turned off. The sparks wants to mount it on the wall above an adjacent low level press (at about 1.2m above the floor). What other integrated appliances need an isolator switch?

Thanks in anticipation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

TSQ wrote: »
    Is it a requirement for integrated fridge freezers to have an isolator switch for the socket (the socket is inaccessible, behind the fitted unit). Also, is there any rule regarding the location of the isolator switch? I want to mount it above the fridge, out of reach, so it can't be accidentally turned off. The sparks wants to mount it on the wall above an adjacent low level press (at about 1.2m above the floor). What other integrated appliances need an isolator switch?

Thanks in anticipation.

All alliance with sockets not readily accessible need an isolators

ie wash machine,dishwasher microwave and even the cooker hood

An isolator should be mounted between 400-1200mm

• Advertisement
Advertisement