Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MiniCompter for TV

Options
  • 25-01-2015 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

I was thinking in upgrading my TV LG 2013 (buy a new one) because of the browser that is always closing with out of memory exceptions, not to speak of it's limitations (does not run silverlight).

Another thing I dont like is the applications shop, is very limited and I can't install the Google Play shop.

I tried a 2014 Samsung and it's the same thing.

Chromecast only allows you to broadcast your browser, so it won't let you watch movies on your hard drive.

I'm thinking if the best solution is to connect all the time one of those small computers to the TV, and control it with a minikeyboard.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004TQL3YS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

At the moment only don't know what should be the model of the small computer I should buy to connect to the TV....Any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

tendjose wrote: »
    Chromecast only allows you to broadcast your browser, so it won't let you watch movies on your hard drive.

If you setup plex on your PC, or some other DLNA software (like Serviio or Playstation Media Server), you can use a plex app or other DLNA software (Like Skifta or Avia) on the chromecast dongle to connect to your pc. And play media from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

I suggest you look over on the HTPC and Media Center forum where this stuff is discussed all the time.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=643

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement