Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Hose Pipe

• 25-01-2015 10:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭

Short and sweet... a hosepipe... can anyone just recommend a no-nonsense good one?

Ireland... cold weather, sometimes freezing... hoses.... kinks, tangles... I just need a good one. I am sick of bad hoses.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

myshirt wrote: »
    Short and sweet... a hosepipe... can anyone just recommend a no-nonsense good one?

Ireland... cold weather, sometimes freezing... hoses.... kinks, tangles... I just need a good one. I am sick of bad hoses.
    hozelock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

hozelock

Which hozelock?

The lower end hozelocks are absolutely terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭rje66

Which hozelock?

The lower end hozelocks are absolutely terrible.

You get what you pay for.
    Have had a yellow hoselock for 10 years with plenty of use and I hope to get 10 more.
    It gets wound up after each use kink free.

rje66 wrote: »
    You get what you pay for

Yes and no.

For example, I could just go for the Ultraflex which is at the upper end, or I could go for the Ultimate Hose, also at the upper end. One is absolute crap, the other is apparently good.

Which hose have you yourself? Sounds good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭rje66

Yes and no.

For example, I could just go for the Ultraflex which is at the upper end, or I could go for the Ultimate Hose, also at the upper end. One is absolute crap, the other is apparently good.

Which hose have you yourself? Sounds good.
    Can't rem where I got it.😬

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

This one. I have two of them.

www.shop.express.co.uk/i-vv-xhose/x-hose-expanding-garden-hose/

If all you want is a simple hose this is it. And it really does expand and shrink.i find them good anyway.

Those xhoses are generally crap. Generally I say, as they are good for some, bad for others.

If your pressure is too low, as soon as you start spraying then the hose shrinks. If the pressure is too much, then they eventually bust. So you have to have it just right.

Unfortunately then if they tear or get worn, they are hard to repair. With a normal hose, you can get a hose repairer for a euro if you wanted.

Gonna look at that yellow hose - good to get feedback. How long have you that reel? How you find it?

Advertisement