Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best bank for a joint account (including new banks)

Options
  • 25-01-2015 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Hi all.

The lady and I both have accounts at BOI but we are in the process of setting up a joint account for bills and mortgage (also BOI).

In your opinions whats the best bank to do so in (i dont mind having to resubmit documentation for the right account).

There is BOI, AIB, Ulster, PTSB and KBC as far as i know.

I guess that SEPA allows easy transfer of money when needed.

I know that PTSB is fee free once we deposit a certain amount every month (so my current favourite).

Any tips.opinions/experience? Ill post our choice once we make it.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Gheadphone wrote: »
    Hi all.

The lady and I both have accounts at BOI but we are in the process of setting up a joint account for bills and mortgage (also BOI).

In your opinions whats the best bank to do so in (i dont mind having to resubmit documentation for the right account).

There is BOI, AIB, Ulster, PTSB and KBC as far as i know.

I guess that SEPA allows easy transfer of money when needed.

I know that PTSB is fee free once we deposit a certain amount every month (so my current favourite).

Any tips.opinions/experience? Ill post our choice once we make it.

Thanks!

best for what?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gheadphone

Good question thanks dobsdave.

First off the service must be relatively easy to use (transfer funds to new account, set up standing orders and direct debits, online banking).

Secondly good value (no crazy fees).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Gheadphone wrote: »
    Good question thanks dobsdave.

First off the service must be relatively easy to use (transfer funds to new account, set up standing orders and direct debits, online banking).

Secondly good value (no crazy fees).

I've only had experience of PTSB and BOI.

Can't say I've noticed any difference between service level.
    I use branch and online services.

I left BOI because of the fees, PTSB dont charge me as I lodge 1500 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

We joined kbc to avail of their savings account interest rates. Im only lukewarm on their internet banking though. Those key card yokes are a pain.

Advertisement