Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MiniCompter for TV

• 26-01-2015 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

Another thing I dont like is the applications shop, is very limited and I can't install the Google Play shop.

I tried a 2014 Samsung and it's the same thing.

Chromecast only allows you to broadcast your browser, so it won't let you watch movies on your hard drive.

I'm thinking if the best solution is to connect all the time one of those small computers to the TV, and control it with a minikeyboard.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004TQL3YS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

At the moment only don't know what should be the model of the small computer I should buy to connect to the TV....Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭blarney_army

Chromecast does allow to watch movies from your hard drive through apps such as videostream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

this looks to be the ideal device whenever it is released

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Skerries wrote: »

Pipo x7 was €74 on a Bargain Alerts thread but there appears to be problems with delivery. You might have to add €25 or so customs on top of that

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭tendjose

Skerries wrote: »

That's exactly what I want. Meanwhile what's the price of a small computer to have standing there near the TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭tendjose

Pipo x7 was €74 on a Bargain Alerts thread but there appears to be problems with delivery. You might have to add €25 or so customs on top of that

Actually this is exactly what I want.

Can I connect a wireless keyboard on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

tendjose wrote: »
    Actually this is exactly what I want.

Can I connect a wireless keyboard on it?

Yes will work through USB - keep an eye on Windows licensing though, there may be problems as the version of Windows used appears to be designed for tablets. Im looking for the same thing but will try get a HP Stream mini from the US

Advertisement