Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

90kg +

Options
  • 26-01-2015 3:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭

Just back from a nice weeks holiday.First holiday in 4 years and first holiday I never ran on.

So where to start here but I have packed on the weight after a stress fracture to the pelvis and starting tomorrow im hitting the gym to do some cycling and strength work.

Not going to be much running on this but a good way to keep motivated I have found in the past.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Monday: 2mile run
    Skipped breakfast & just had dinner & small snack before bed

Tuesday:1.5miles(little faster than yesterday) seriously out of shape but enjoyed running without pain in my groin/pelvis area.5miles on the bike also.
    Skipped breakfast ,Chicken roll for lunch,Curry for dinner.
    Note:need to drink more water
    weight 90kg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 runinfinity

Don't skip breakfast!
    You'll lose weight much faster and more healthily if you eat regularly but sensibly, and exercise. Your poor body will think the apocalypse has happened if you don't feed it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

TW2, if you don't mind me asking, what weight were you before your injury ? Was it the complete drop off in exercise that caused the weight to pile on ? Or were you overeating ?

Not so fast:

Op - eat less & exercise more and you will get results

All the studies in the world won't convince me that consistently skipping breakfast can be good for your health :)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Not so fast:

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/09/10/myths-surround-breakfast-and-weight/?_r=0

Op - eat less & exercise more and you will get results

Yes that's the basic science but if you don't eat breakfast you are more likely to eat more during the day and make bad choices because your starving by lunch time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Breakfast of champions....xxxxxx

"Confirmation bias (also called confirmatory bias or myside bias) is a tendency for people to favour information that confirms their preconceptions or hypotheses regardless of whether the information is true."

Will ya come round to yourself!
    I eat breakfast - I feel good.
    I do not eat breakfast - I feel shyte and haven't the energy to wag let alone run.

That's all the proof I need.

• Advertisement

Just because you believe in it doesn't make it true, nor just because it works for you does it mean it will work for the Op.

For the example day he gave, not eating breakfast worked to reduce his intake.

Bloody hell you're exasperating.
    He came here for advice, I gave it to him. End of story. Now go off out for a run instead of derailing the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Bloody hell you're exasperating.
    He came here for advice, I gave it to him. End of story. Now go off out for a run instead of derailing the thread.

Actually I don't see anywhere were the OP is asking for advice but anyway....

Actually he didn't, it's a training log, which he finds is a good motivational tool, you made the assumption it was a request for advice. And in a I have a hammer so everything is a nail fashion proceeded.

And you, going on one article, are disregarding what I and countless other people believe to be correct. Let's just live and let live, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Ghost in Cratloe

Will ya come round to yourself!
    I eat breakfast - I feel good.
    I do not eat breakfast - I feel shyte and haven't the energy to wag let alone run.

That's all the proof I need.

You are not efficient in using fat as a source of fuel on your runs so. If you ran marathons I would hazard a guess that your times are poor in comparison to your shorter distance times. Unless of course you eat only almonds and fish for breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Give it a rest lads, this is someones training log. Start a thread on the main forum to continue this if you want.

I do agree breakfast is important but for me depends on how late I eat at night.So if I do and most of the time I do eat after 9pm I will skip breakfast as im just not hungry.

Anyway:

Wed:25MINUTE run in the phoenix park,started nice and easy and typical me picked it up when going past a small group.Huffing and puffing for a little bit and backed of the pace last 5-6 minutes

Thur:15mins steady with 2minute walk and 15 minutes steady.

Regarding my weight I would be 75kgs at race weight.
    Over indulged today with a small pizza for lunch as it was my birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

I do agree breakfast is important but for me depends on how late I eat at night.So if I do and most of the time I do eat after 9pm I will skip breakfast as im just not hungry.

Anyway:

Wed:25MINUTE run in the phoenix park,started nice and easy and typical me picked it up when going past a small group.Huffing and puffing for a little bit and backed of the pace last 5-6 minutes

Thur:15mins steady with 2minute walk and 15 minutes steady.

Regarding my weight I would be 75kgs at race weight.
    Over indulged today with a small pizza for lunch as it was my birthday.

Happy birthday!

PaulieC wrote: »
    TW2, if you don't mind me asking, what weight were you before your injury ? Was it the complete drop off in exercise that caused the weight to pile on ? Or were you overeating ?

Both to be honest !!!

• Advertisement

Friday:Went for a 45minute run with Niall and felt the best I have been since April.Pace was 7.30minutes and slowed the last 20minutes to 8mins+

Saturday:20minutes easy after work

Sunday:Trip out to Trim to watch a top notch and well run race.
    Ran 35minutes easy and few pints after :)

Felt great today and did short run with GOH down to the shop (4miles)
    Had a nice thai green curry and ran 4miles home.

Weight not down to 86kg's

Last week I got out 5 times with longest run 1 hour.
    Starting to feel much fitter this week.

Monday:rest
    Tue:30minutes
    Wed:70mins
    Thur:5miles

Friday:10mins
    Sat:Best run so far in the park nice easy 40mins

Sunday:40mins easy-pelvis still very tight but not getting any worse.

Monday:7miles walking
    Tuesday:10mins
    Wed:8mins

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

Tuesday:10mins
    Wed:8mins

Is this some sort of s-hit? super high intensity training? :D

• Advertisement

No super intensity just the body fragile right now.
    did 12mins today followed by 8 x50seconds with 30 secs recovery.
    5mins cool down.

Advertisement