Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

90kg +

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

Sunday:50minutes on Rosslare golf course
    Monday:10euro on a mix of beach and golf course.

what now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

what now :)

Sorry 10mile not 10euro,wouldn't get a round of golf for 10euro. You all set for London?

Tuesday:8 x 800m on the Polo grounds.recovery 65 seconds average 2.45.5mins warm up and 3minutes cool down.

Wed:run home from work but old injury tight.8.5 miles easy.
    Thursday:10miles 7mins pace and then 40mins with a lady I'm.coaching very easy.

Friday:injury still niggling so very easy day tomorrow and sunday.
    Ran up towards tymon and waterworks for a total of 1hour 45mins.
    14miles

Sat:5miles
    Sunday:7miles(injury at me but not as bad as yesterday)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Is this injury related to the pelvis/hip or a different one?

Same injury,pelvis needed to be realigned and got some needles in the lower back and glutes.

10k easy this morning with my sister.

Tue:20minutes
    Wed:40mins
    Thur:22mins
    Fri:90mins
    Sat:55mins

Injury still niggling so cut back on the mileage this week.

Best run of the week saved from today with Eoin up in the waterworks.
    Nice steady start and clipping last 3 miles.
    I ended up running 14miles a little under 6.50 pace.

Monday:trip to the zoo with my little girl so ended up walking 2 hours +
    Was very tired from yesterdays run and lack of sleep the last week.

Headed out and turned back after 10minutes as I was feeling like crap,that was until I bumped into an old pal Tom and ended up doing 90minutes at 7min pace.

Total:13miles

• Advertisement

Nice wee session tonight
    split 1k into first third jog,2nd third 10k pace and final part 5k pace
    Did 5k in 17.25
    8miles total

Sets me up well for Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭40whit

Nice wee session tonight split 1k into first third jog,2nd third 10k pace and final part 5k pace Did 5k in 17.25 8miles total

What's your 5km time if your running flat out?

What kind of speed work do you do?

40whit wrote: »
    What's your 5km time if your running flat out?

What kind of speed work do you do?

pb is 15.31

At the moment due to niggles im doing one session per week.
    In the past I have done three sessions per week.Usually track session 8 x800m or 16 x 400m Thur:tempo run Sat:longer reps like 6 x 1k or 5 x 1mile.
    Depends what time of the season and what my goal is eg cross country,track or road.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭40whit

pb is 15.31

Wowzers that's serious running! I could only dream of a time like that. What times do you do your reps in for each distance?

40whit wrote: »
    Wowzers that's serious running! I could only dream of a time like that. What times do you do your reps in for each distance?

Depends on how fit I am and what phase of training im in.I prefer to reduce the recovery then make the reps faster.
    400's be anything from 77-72 and 800's 2.40-2.26 again depending on fitness.

30mins am in Phoenix Park,very easy pace just to ease out the legs.
    Did 35mins after work.
    Race I found out is actually Sunday so glad I didnt push the session yesterday.

total:9miles

45minute plod today
    total 6 miles

Bit of running and cycling getting the legs fresh for Sunday.

Race report wings for life:
    I made my way out to this event not really prepared (what's new)My longest running being 14miles.The plan was 4.20 per km but that went out the window once the gun went.I knew at best 2nd or 3rd would be a good result.
    This race was very much like when I ran Dublin 3 years ago except this time I wasn't hungover.
    The day was hot so left of the compression socks.After the first km there was a small group with Con Dotherty leading, he was 2nd last year.
    He ended up just doing 10k so this left me out in front. 1km 3.49 2km 3.39 3km 3.39 4km 4.11 5km4.03 (way to fast) 6km3.27(downhill)7km 3.41 8km3.52 9km 3.48 10k 3.43.At this stage I knew I was going to suffer but kept thinking 30k and stay in front.I reached the half in 83minutes and also some savage hills here.My pace was drifting to a 4.15 pace from 20-30min and at around the 26-27 point the winner went past.I had that sinking feeling and started to doubt myself.At 29k i was really suffering and started to slip to 4.45 pace,suddenly at 30km I had a huge jolt running downhill, I thought my hamstring was torn but then realised it was my first time getting cramp.I decided to stop and try stretch but this made things worse,I could hear the motorbike guy called for the ambulance on radio but decided to hobble,I was dragging my leg along but suddenly I was moving while trying to relax to prevent spam.My right hammer was now feeling tight and legs heavy.I forgot to.mention I was passed by the 3rd place at 32 km but managed to hang on to him,he was encouraging me but I just couldn't hang on.At around 36km I could see the 2nd place guy up ahead struggling at the side of the road,I went past running 3.50k but he was back beside me in no Time(he was vomiting bad)38km was 5.26 and the following 5.22 suddenly at the 40k marker I was catching the 2nd place(forgot to mention he went ahead again.4.22 km and some water and jellies from a gent.There was a big hill at this point and the 2nd guy was walking, I somehow managed to run the hill in a 5.17 km.We both chatted at this point and he asked did I want to run in together and I agreed,I didn't want to be sprinting with my legs cramping(quads,hammer and even my arms)didnt know it was possible for arms to cramp.Was a strange feeling walking at this point and a sub 3marathon disappearing but I didn't give a ff at this stage.We reached the marathon in 3.03 but now it was a case of pushing my under prepared and hammered body to see how far we both could go.Every km.reached was a celebration but we where cursing the catcher car for not being fast enough.We reached 46km and my running buddy helped me along.A mini celebration was short lived as my muscles started to spasm,cars went past giving me strange looks.The bus picked is up and 9runners who all looked spent and gave it their all.A terrific event and next year I will go back better prepared and a better pacing strategy. Results showed 45.5km but I'm sure we went past 46km.Quads battered today so elliptical and bike for the week.Finished joint 2nd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭DocQismyJesus

Bit of running and cycling getting the legs fresh for Sunday.

Race report wings for life:
    I made my way out to this event not really prepared (what's new)My longest running being 14miles.The plan was 4.20 per km but that went out the window once the gun went.I knew at best 2nd or 3rd would be a good result.
    This race was very much like when I ran Dublin 3 years ago except this time I wasn't hungover.
    The day was hot so left of the compression socks.After the first km there was a small group with Con Dotherty leading, he was 2nd last year.
    He ended up just doing 10k so this left me out in front. 1km 3.49 2km 3.39 3km 3.39 4km 4.11 5km4.03 (way to fast) 6km3.27(downhill)7km 3.41 8km3.52 9km 3.48 10k 3.43.At this stage I knew I was going to suffer but kept thinking 30k and stay in front.I reached the half in 83minutes and also some savage hills here.My pace was drifting to a 4.15 pace from 20-30min and at around the 26-27 point the winner went past.I had that sinking feeling and started to doubt myself.At 29k i was really suffering and started to slip to 4.45 pace,suddenly at 30km I had a huge jolt running downhill, I thought my hamstring was torn but then realised it was my first time getting cramp.I decided to stop and try stretch but this made things worse,I could hear the motorbike guy called for the ambulance on radio but decided to hobble,I was dragging my leg along but suddenly I was moving while trying to relax to prevent spam.My right hammer was now feeling tight and legs heavy.I forgot to.mention I was passed by the 3rd place at 32 km but managed to hang on to him,he was encouraging me but I just couldn't hang on.At around 36km I could see the 2nd place guy up ahead struggling at the side of the road,I went past running 3.50k but he was back beside me in no Time(he was vomiting bad)38km was 5.26 and the following 5.22 suddenly at the 40k marker I was catching the 2nd place(forgot to mention he went ahead again.4.22 km and some water and jellies from a gent.There was a big hill at this point and the 2nd guy was walking, I somehow managed to run the hill in a 5.17 km.We both chatted at this point and he asked did I want to run in together and I agreed,I didn't want to be sprinting with my legs cramping(quads,hammer and even my arms)didnt know it was possible for arms to cramp.Was a strange feeling walking at this point and a sub 3marathon disappearing but I didn't give a ff at this stage.We reached the marathon in 3.03 but now it was a case of pushing my under prepared and hammered body to see how far we both could go.Every km.reached was a celebration but we where cursing the catcher car for not being fast enough.We reached 46km and my running buddy helped me along.A mini celebration was short lived as my muscles started to spasm,cars went past giving me strange looks.The bus picked is up and 9runners who all looked spent and gave it their all.A terrific event and next year I will go back better prepared and a better pacing strategy. Results showed 45.5km but I'm sure we went past 46km.Quads battered today so elliptical and bike for the week.

#legend IMO love this kinda **** it's what running is all about

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Well done for toughing it out, it was a last minute decision to buy those jelly babies ��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Nutjob! I expect to see you leading out the comrades marathon in three weeks time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

When I saw you in Shankhill I thought you were in trouble, then when the guy who was leading came jogging back a few minutes later I knew what had happened :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭DocQismyJesus

TW I'm publicly saying now my money is on you for the beer mile if you choose to run it - TRR wouldn't have the balls...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

TW I'm publicly saying now my money is on you for the beer mile if you choose to run it - TRR wouldn't have the balls...

+1. If he can restrain himself from doing anything crazy between now and then that is....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

That's some performance on Sunday, congrats! Just looked back through your log and realised how quickly you ramped up to that from injury... now I see why everyone is calling you mad!!! Hope the pelvis and other injuries held up.

Monday:10miles on the bike,my legs where in ribbons especially my quads.walking down a hill or stairs aint fun.

Tue:Managed 7k easy with a guy im coaching(5.30 per km)
    Also 10mile spin on the bike

Wed:10mile on the bike and plan is 40minutes running later.

Dunshaughlin 10k the next goal race.

Beer mile in the bag :)
    Can down a pint in under 3 seconds so big advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Beer mile in the bag :)
    Can down a pint in under 3 seconds so big advantage.

Impressive times there - I'd get a bit of bottle work in beforehand to be on the safe side though.

Btw - great race & great report too - well done, hope the recovery is quick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

Deadly report!

Great performance and nice to catch up with you on the death bus afterwards (I was in the seat behind). Funny, the max I had run in training was 14 miles too, but didn't quite make it as far as your goodself! Also got arm cramps - wtf???

• Advertisement

Thursday:8miles easy
    Friday:rest day(20miles bike)
    Sat:1 hour 8min miles
    Sun:10 miles easy(right calf giving me trouble)

Good recovery week.50/50 if i will do a session tue.

Advertisement