Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

aliexpress motorcycle armour

• 26-01-2015 4:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

Has anyone ever bought it? It seems quite 'inexpensive'.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭GBX

William F wrote: »
    Has anyone ever bought it? It seems quite 'inexpensive'.

I haven't but the question would it be up to similar standard European brands/CE compliant? If you're not overly bothered by that fire ahead as it seems good value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I wouldn't buy anything from aliexpress, least of all something I rely on for my safety. It's all chinese cloned gear, so even if you see a brand it's fake. I've seen portable hard drives off there that turned out to be a USB stick and some nuts and bolts taped inside a hard drive case, I don't imagine the bike gear is anything more than imitation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Armour itself isn't that expensive individually.
    It depends on how much of it you want to retrofit.
    If its a lot then you are better off buying new gear, if its only a set of elbow or knee armour then Louis sell it quite reasonably.
    https://www.louis.ie/produkte/retrofit-protectors-for-motorcycle-clothing/896

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭GBX

gerrowadat wrote: »
    I wouldn't buy anything from aliexpress, Granted its cloned/cheap stuff. Ive bought before from them without issue. least of all something I rely on for my safety. << This I agree with

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Seems it is not getting very good reviews.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭William F

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Armour itself isn't that expensive individually.
    It depends on how much of it you want to retrofit.
    If its a lot then you are better off buying new gear, if its only a set of elbow or knee armour then Louis sell it quite reasonably.
    https://www.louis.ie/produkte/retrofit-protectors-for-motorcycle-clothing/896

So do you wreckon an upper bionic suit, shinguard and nee pads should be enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

William F wrote: »
    So do you wreckon an upper bionic suit, shinguard and nee pads should be enough?
    In a crash knees and elbows and hands are what usually hits the ground, after that hips shoulders and back.
    The Supershield jacket is cheaper and also has a kidney belt which if you are doing plenty of miles makes a difference to you.
    I can't advise on shinguards, I can't wear them with my boots as my calves are too big so I wear high boots with shin protection in them all the time.

Advertisement