Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 Royal Rumble aftermath *results inside*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭irs

I was kind of funny seeing Wyatt, Ambrose & Ziggler, three of the leading talents to emerge in recent years finish the Rumble completely squashed and just dropped over the ropes like a bunch of jobbers. The fact that it was the Big Show and Kane eliminating them made it even more crazy to watch. It would be like a young Cena and Orton being crushed by King Kong Bundy and the One Man Gang.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I am now going to watch TNA Impact Wrestling which is doing a better job with not even half the money wwe has. Why do people think that the wwe is the best company try and watch TNA some time and give it a chance.

Give over mate on the TNA talk. Last place I would endorse.

NXT, Lucha Underground, New Japan on and half the time ROH are way better shows and are actual alternatives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

They seriously need to be smart from now on in with the way they book Bryan on the road to Wrestlemania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

Beefy78 wrote: »
    When WWE changed last year's main event they made a rod for their own back and the ridiculously predictable backlash tonight is the end result.

I'm not sure the crowd reaction was against Reigns as much as it was rejecting the manipulation to make him the only viable option in the match.

Rasslin's such a wacky beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

The WWE Facebook page asked asked people if they enjoyed the match. Was overwhelmingly negative with 14k voting no and 4.9k voting yes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Why do people think that the wwe is the best company try and watch TNA some time and give it a chance. You will find it cant be any worse than this ppv.
    Nobody thinks that WWE are the best and god TNA are worse this is a better overview of proper alternatives.
    PROMOTION OF THE YEAR
    NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING (779): 4,064
    Ring of Honor (16): 1,038
    Dragon Gate (36): 884
    Ultimate Fighting Championships (23): 835
    CMLL (8): 504
    World Wrestling Entertainment (4): 392
    Pro Wrestling Guerrilla (8): 348
    AAA (3): 279
    Bellator MMA (3): 238
    DDT (1): 91

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

Lots and lots and lots and lots of people have unsubscribed from the Network based on what Im reading elsewhere.

Lots!

I wonder if WWE can see in real time the numbers and see how many dropped off by tomorrow afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

"The authority is not a storyline, it's their mentality."

Just read that elsewhere online, pretty spot on i reckon.

From Reddit
    I was watching this from the UK at 3:45am and my other half just came downstairs because "the booing woke her up"!

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Beefy78 wrote: »
    When WWE changed last year's main event they made a rod for their own back and the ridiculously predictable backlash tonight is the end result. There's a real sense of entitlement around the fanbase at the mment and I don't see how it ends well for anyone. Either the product loses any sense of unpredictability or they take good shows away from potentially hostile crowds.

I wanted Bryan or Ziggler to win tonight. I wanted Kurt Angle to win in 2002 and anyone other than Cena to win in 2008. It happens.

Rubbish. The business was always about giving the crowd what they wanted.

WWE have actively de-moted guys who have gotten over on their own sweat. Likewise former Indie guys who had a respectable rep before joining the company will ALWAYS have a lower ceiling for development when Vince is involved. It's there petty attempt to retain credit for being responsible for someone being a star.

Cena was made in house. Reigns was made in house. Vince wants to be god when It comes to creating stars but it doesn't wash with the fans who see more talent and charisma in guys with a background in the business before WWE got their hands on them.

No doubt tonight will be spun as a few hardcore fans who are p*ssed off Bryan didn't shine but it goes deeper than that. there's a disconnect with the fans whose voices no longer seem to be listened to. Ziggler, Bryan, Cesaro, Sandow and Ambrose will always be after thoughts despite fan acclaim.

WWE just don't want guys getting hot unless it was the Companies express intention

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Raw will be very interesting to see how they respond to the criticism. Unfortunately they won't be in Philly for it as I just checked and they'll be in Hartford, Connecticut; so the hostility might not be as bad as it was tonight...

It would have been awesome if Raw was in Philly tomorrow night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

there's a disconnect with the fans whose voices no longer seem to be listened to.
    Very much this and it really has been a long time coming. Due to Cena's continued success in spite of how he was received with the core audience, they've gotten the idea that they can just completely ignore that part of the audience and lose nothing from it, effectively completely segregating the new viewers they're trying to court away from the established audience.

Problem here is that for someone to get over to the level of a Cena, they need to have the crowd supporting them initially for a while and, through seriously pushing it with the Daniel Bryan stuff last year, it's finally really started to bite them as they've found a way to hit back.

As Meltzer's saying here now on the LAW, why on earth did they bring Bryan back for the Rumble?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Really enjoyed the payperview but so many time I just kept asking myself... "but why?"

why was bubba dudley brought back just only to be eliminated early on...
    Why were amobrose, wyatt and loads of other eliminated like pure jobbers...
    wht didnt Rock come out as a legit entrant to the rumble.. to eliminate Rusev and set up a WM feud.
    Why did he have to come out at the end purely to help Roman get the win. ( making him look weak ).
    Where was Orton? Where Was Sheamus? Why was there no NXT Entrant? I was waiting to mark out like mental
    for Devitt... OR ANY NXT GUY!>!! ?!?!?

So confused by that booking.
    the main event was great thought...
    I need to sleep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

As Meltzer's saying here now on the LAW, why on earth did they bring Bryan back for the Rumble?

That's what I said from the first time they mentioned he was coming back, unless he was winning they should have left him until after the Rumble. Reign's was going to get booed but now they seriously screwed hi over. They need to be smart with what they do with Bryan from now on in.

B8QFj3TCEAEwERE.png

7pXzYEl.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Ridley wrote: »
    I'm not sure the crowd reaction was against Reigns as much as it was rejecting the manipulation to make him the only viable option in the match.

Rasslin's such a wacky beast.

I agree but I suspect that the young lad has now next to no chance of staying over.

Reigns to beat Lesnar. Rollins to cash in straight away. Reigns vs Rollins is your feud into the summer. There's a solid booking logic there. It isn't what most of us would have written but most of us wouldn't have written Han Solo being encased in carbonite either. It is starting to make me feel uncomfortable that we won't let anything play out.

From elsewhere
    The match wasn’t good. The booking was disjointed, guys that should have been treated like stars got eliminated like goofs, the eliminations were poorly constructed as they really killed the crowd and Rock coming to make the save and “endorse” Reigns felt like putting icing on a pile of sh*t.

And more
    Roman Reigns is the Nickelback of wrestling.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,873 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Justice for Curtis Axel

• Advertisement

Another great one (the internet is on fire right now)
    Stocks were around $20 a share last year and have since tanked to $12. Average yearly ratings since 2000 are less than half and continue to trend downward.

Network is still not at 1million subs and still may not even get that high with the UK release. Vince's lying to investors and shareholders has caused networks like NBC Universal to renew ties with WWE for much less than previous years and now as of last fiscal year some are even calling for Vince to step down.

Attendances sure as hell aren't what they used to be.Remember folks, UFC which is worth about 3.4 billion and the NFL have individual teams worth more than Vince is in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

#CancelWWENetwork is the number one worldwide trending.

TimRiggins wrote: »
    #CancelWWENetwork is the number one worldwide trending.

Yeah not even tailored trends rubbish legit top trend.

https://twitter.com/NickJacksonYB/status/559575040585256960

In addition, the "cancel subsciption" page on the Network has not only crashed, the live support staff apparently has no one that can actually do manual cancellations on site and are asking people to call back tomorrow.

I think we may have seen a real historic event gentlemen. One that will be looked back on years from now as a pivotal moment in the WWE timeline.

rovert wrote: »
    Yeah not even tailored trends rubbish legit top trend.

Oh the irony of how much they push hashtags down our throats during Raw is almost tasteable ;)

These images are all over Twitter

BxDtvZpCMAE_pXN.jpg

How many Twitter users have to "#" something to get it to trend number one worldwide after midnight (for most people who did it)? Im guessing it has to be in the low hundreds of thousands.

B8P5RTPIMAA8mJJ.jpg:large

• Advertisement

B8QXMRvIMAAwM9t.jpg

Advertisement