Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 Royal Rumble aftermath *results inside*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Ok firstly - its not romans fault blah blah blah - good guy, nice guy, badly scripted etc. - we all know this! I hate him cos he only does his 3 moves in every match - samoan drop, superman punch, spear - done!! So im bored with him - but vince is high i him so i knew he would win - and to say im ok with that is about 80% true

Secondly - the 3 biggest faces in that match were squashed as bad as a clean pin defeat to Curtis Axel - Pointless!! Bryan, Ambrose and Zigg were all put out and it was just like yeah your out!! It was actually amazing when DB was eliminated there was a collective gasp and ppl just went WTF!

Thirdly and most importantly - the Royal Rumble is all about unpredictability - BNB, Cesaro, Show and Zigg had already been announced for the Royal Rumble and after titus came in i was like 4 places left - there is the 4 ppl going in!! It didnt leave a thought in your mind - oh is rock gonna come in - or sting - orton - heel sheamus! Etc! It was horrible booking and was soooo predictable - even the way Show and Kane moved so obviously over to ropes to set up the elimation - and for rusev to only get out of the ring about 40 seconds before the final four wasnt much of a surprise!!

There was no build up for mania - no fueds or storylines apart from the booing of Reigns - and the fact that Show&Kane are killing everything thats good in wwe!! Also very surprised by not 1 nxt superstar getting a run out!! NXT is the future and they must be loving the fact that there the best in wwe right now - creatively and in ring!! Last year they showcased Rusev and look at him now - this year there was no1! DIRT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Probably asked a million times so apologies but shouldn't Bryan be entitled to a rematch? Not that it matters anyway as I wouldn't want him shoehorned into another WM title match.

Just curious to see what they do with him, hopefully not a full on Kane feud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

They'll stick him against Sheamus for WM and hopefully give him the MITB..you never know with WWE though.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭therickster

They'll stick him against Sheamus for WM and hopefully give him the MITB..you never know with WWE though.

Why Sheamus? again!

Am I missing something....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

I always think MITB should go to a up and comer really, I don't like when it goes to a top guy (as much as I am a Bryan fan it shouldn't go to him) maybe throw him a title reign around near the end of the year maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Why Sheamus? again!

Vince has a hard for it since the 18 second debacle, basically Bryan getting his revenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Why Sheamus? again!

it was long rumoured to be the plan last year before the fan revolt forced Vince to change his mind and make Bryan the centrepiece of Wrestlemania 30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Video footage of Vince at the last creative meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭therickster

SlickRic wrote: »
    it was long rumoured to be the plan last year before the fan revolt forced Vince to change his mind and make Bryan the centrepiece of Wrestlemania 30.

Ah yeah getcha now...

I like Sheamus, he's a good stiff worker! Old school worker, Cesaro the same... they could put a great match together if given the time to do so at WM! I doubt they'll get much more than 15mins at a push...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

ShaneU wrote: »
    Justice for Curtis Axel

Mosh is waiting 16 years for that kind of justice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,037 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Zach Gowan never had "both" feet touch the floor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

this was my first full PPV to watch since mania in 2013.
    I was pulling my hair out at the booking from vince.

In the world title match, why crush the poster boy cena, buy having lenser stand up after 2 AAs? and have lenser set up after being hit twice by the brief case?? Now I assume roman reigns will beat him cleanly at mania, but its now much less believable that anybody can beat him cleanly after how "invincible" he was last night.

Rumble match, what a joke! Second year in a row Daniel Bryan should have won it. so many good wrestlers crushed by lasting all of 20 seconds. Why book the boggyman, only to have his intro longer than his stint in the match?

Why have Sting on Raw, have HHH talking about him in the PPV, then not actually have him in the PPV???

All in all, the PPV was more like watching a childs cartoon than a wrestling show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,267 ✭✭✭✭rob316

this was my first full PPV to watch since mania in 2013.
    I was pulling my head out at the booking from vince.

In the world title match, why crush the poster boy cena, buy having lenser stand up after 2 AAs? and have lenser set up after being hit twice by the brief case?? Now I assume roman reigns will beat him cleanly at mania, but its now much less believable that anybody can beat him cleanly after how "invincible" he was last night.

Rumble match, what a joke! Second year in a row Daniel Bryan should have won it. so many good wrestlers crushed by lasting all of 20 seconds. Why book the boggyman, only to have his intro longer than his stint in the match?

All in all, the PPV was more like watching a childs cartoon than a wrestling show.

Im the same as yourself don't really watch it anymore, small passing interest.

Cena has to be the most boring character ever, I really thought he would have slipped down the card by now. Lesnar is a monster in stature and character, he deserves to be put over the way he was, huge draw right now. It will be a much poorer product without him when he leaves after Wrestlemania if reports are to believed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,146 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

MistyHappygoluckyEagle.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

2 days later and the thing that is still pissing me off is the treatment of Ziggler, Ambrose and Bryan which was a complete f*ck you by Vince to a good portion of the audience, and the the thing with Rusev at the end may as well have been Vince coming out with a mic and saying "hahahahahaha f*ck you again".

I stopped watching after WM last year because Bryan reaching the top was the pinnacle for me as a fan, checked back in for Cena/Lesnar but this is probably it for me bar any radical WM changes which wont happen after last year.

EDIT: I think Reigns/Lesnar will have a great buildup but the match and the forecasted result will be destroyed by the WM audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Rjd2 wrote: »

ca4a88ee2cae563d374d3b68d1d3225eff40512bd1a15fb59ca1ab93bdcb19b8.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Rjd2 wrote: »

That actually makes me physically sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Moneymaker wrote: »
    That actually makes me physically sick.

I woke up today and was thinking.....did that really happen? Was it a bad dream?!

Then I watched Raw skimming through the Rumble match again.I actually said the same as Moneymaker out loud."Watching this is making me sick"

The way Cole and Co. say "Daniel Bryans dream comes to screeching halt earlier than expected" then "that is heartbreak" " "Oh here is Goldust" They dont mention him again for ages until the crowd gets deafening.

As if he was the Gobbeldy Gooker or a member of the job squad.It really made me sick after all the hard work and great matches Bryan puts on.

Ziggler,Wyatt and Ambrose just discarded by Kane and Big Show as if they were jobbers also.

Whereas Reigns music hits and it "oh Boy" and all talk about how he could make history.

I am very proud of the crowd the way they booed the crap out of Reigns as they realised what was going on. We all know its nothing against him personally but people can't just accept whatever they are given. Its what the people want.They can't be forcefed someone who needs a lot,lot more time to be ready.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

Orton should have been used surely?
    WWE reportedly had a variety of names backstage for the Royal Rumble PPV but didn’t really plan on using them. They wanted to swerve the Internet and have it leak the names that would appear.

Randy Orton was backstage and was in his ring gear. Other names included Alex Riley, Sean Waltman, Chris Jericho and Nikolai Volkoff. WWE didn’t intend on using any of these people except for Riley.

They were simply wanting to create buzz over the possible names.
    The plan with Riley was to actually put him in the match at some point, but they ended up changing their minds. That’s why Riley was not a part of the Royal Rumble kickoff show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Orton was better away from all of the crap that went down in the Rumble as was Sheamus.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Well, it's a good thing they "swerved the internet" and were so unpredictable :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Seems weird that they want to swerve the internet when they spend most their time ignoring it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,213 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Shame Riley wasn't used. His Godly theme would've received the pop of the night....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

the boggyman

I'm the Boggyman, and I'm coming' from Leitrim!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Gave it a 4. The opening matches were generally just OK (I liked Kidd and Cesaro winning at least), the triple threat was fantastic, but the Rumble was a waste of time watching unless you enjoy watching the crowd sh*t on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Tweedle Dumb

I was thinking that instead of Reigns winning it they should have had Reigns go to clothesline Bryan and both go over the top rope and get eliminated and have panic, everyone acting like one of them was meant to stay in, Panic and someone out of nowhere wins it.
    A No Chance against Lesner, thinking the like of Zack ryder, Kofi etc.

Lesner squashes them in record time, issues an open challenge at wrestlemania, cause im assuming the title match wont be main event at wrestlemania either. Maybe even have lesner Retire as champion saying no one can beat him and leave the title and walk out.

ok so the wrestlemania idea isnt so great but would have made the rumble enjoyable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

the three people giving a 10 are obvious poll trolls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I was thinking that instead of Reigns winning it they should have had Reigns go to clothesline Bryan and both go over the top rope and get eliminated and have panic, everyone acting like one of them was meant to stay in, Panic and someone out of nowhere wins it.
    A No Chance against Lesner, thinking the like of Zack ryder, Kofi etc.

Lesner squashes them in record time, issues an open challenge at wrestlemania, cause im assuming the title match wont be main event at wrestlemania either. Maybe even have lesner Retire as champion saying no one can beat him and leave the title and walk out.

ok so the wrestlemania idea isnt so great but would have made the rumble enjoyable

Still better booking then Vince Russo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Lesner squashes them in record time, issues an open challenge at wrestlemania, cause im assuming the title match wont be main event at wrestlemania either. Maybe even have lesner Retire as champion saying no one can beat him

Glass shatters, Texas Rattlesnake BMF walks to the Ring, stunner, takes title from Lesnar, and there you have the main event of WM32.

oh i can only dream of such an outcome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

the three people giving a 10 are obvious poll trolls.

No more than the 21 people giving it 1. It's like the The Triple Threat never happened in their eyes.

Advertisement