Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2015 Royal Rumble aftermath *results inside*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Angron wrote: »
    The casual disregard for what people want?
    Bringing back Bryan, only to have him eliminated after 10 minutes in the ring?
    Ziggler, Ambrose, Wyatt, all being chucked out like they don't matter in the slightest?
    Pulling all this crap after the sh*tstorm that came from last year's Rumble?

People don't like it, they have a right to show that.

But they clearly didn't want to put Bryan in the main event last year, Ziggler got booked woefully since his "moment" at Survivor Series think I mentioned that here and got shot down for saying it, Wyatt has been flatlining since the Cena feud and Ambrose has been used to build him & others back up.
    You can't say any of this happened overnight.
    Vince said years ago in a promo he tells you what you want & he actually meant it. The people saying they will cancel the Network will get it again for Mania.
    Losers protesting in a car park outside the building is embarrassing in football never mind wrestling

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ah yeah, people showing passion for something are "losers", nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    He has no charisma at all. Don't know who you are watching. And no, he can't. Ambrose is currently making a sh1t-ton of cash for the company in merchandise. Reigns should never be the guy by the looks of things but because Vince is stubborn he will be

If you think Reigns has no charisma, then there's no point continuing this.

Watch him pre-shíte dialogue being given to him, and you'll see he was just fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

SlickRic wrote: »
    my point is that if booked properly, i think he has the most potential to make the most money for the company.

Really, what has he that would make you say that.

Apart from his size, i cant see why hes getting such a push, what would you put on a tee shirt for him, ive heard nothing from him on the mic that would sell a ppv or engage an audience, as i cant see him using catchphrases either

Really, what has he that would make you say that.

Apart from his size, i cant see why hes getting such a push, what would you put on a tee shirt for him, ive heard nothing from him on the mic that would sell a ppv or engage an audience, cant see him using catchphrases.

Again, watch him when he simply kicked the shíte out of people and said barely anything.

He was brilliant.

Again, watch him when he simply kicked the shíte out of people and said barely anything.

He was brilliant.

And thats how hes gonna make the most money for the company is it.

No Merchandise, No Talking to sell PPV's, Im amazed now that Ryback failed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Poll to follow

If one of the other mods is online who has seen the show could split the posts from the live thread it would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Was strange to see Bubba with all the weight seemingly back on. I guess he had to get off the "supplements" to have any chance of a longer term contract!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,977 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

World title match 10 out 10.

The rest of the matches 4/5 out of 10.

The RR itself 1/10.

Overall 4 out of 10.

• Advertisement

Reigns on his own tonight, Rock just said he'is back in miami

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Reigns on his own tonight, Rock just said he'is back in miami

He'll be ok, Raw isn't in Philly and they'll set him up in an Authorty angle to help subside any boos.

Loughc wrote: »
    He'll be ok, Raw isn't in Philly and they'll set him up in an Authorty angle to help subside any boos.

yeah i know, just saying, i think he'll probably still get boos though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I think the only way he's getting a good reception is either muting the crowd and piping in cheers, or he's somehow magically become Daniel Bryan overnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

It's weird that they didn't save any of the surprise entries for after Bryan's elimination, Bubba coming in at like 22 or 23 and having a little bit of run could have reinvigorated the crowd a bit for a few minutes at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭rizzla

The PPV as a whole 6/10. The world title match definitely raised it above average.

I also thought the first half of the Rumble match was alright, seemed to be building well. The special guest guys seemed to come in at the right time to keep it interesting but when guys start fumbling with each other in the corner, then it just descended into complete boredom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

The wwe title match was amazing havent got sucked into a match for a long time before that but loved every minute of it.

the rest of it was average enough loved mizdow he just plays it perfectly.

The royal rumble match was a disaster the booking was just terrible. there was no drama in it at all it was just so meh. Bryan was eliminated in such a bad way, they could have had at least someone screw him over but it was just like so bad.

I actually feel bad for reigns as i think hes not as bad as some people are saying and its the booking that's letting him down and the fans are letting wwe know that they cant keep shoving people down our throats and expect people to connect with them.

The only way i can see them keep brock vs reigns as a 1 on 1 match is if they turn Heyman to side with reigns.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I don't really buy Bryan as a threat to Brock.

Reigns is more believable right now.

It would be fine only for Bryan's injury. I wouldn't like to see him thrown around like Cena and Rollins.

Rusev would be a better fit for Bryan this year.

Rusev may also have been a better fit for Brock. Just needed one win over someone like Cena.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

sky88 wrote: »
    The wwe title match was amazing havent got sucked into a match for a long time before that but loved every minute of it.

the rest of it was average enough loved mizdow he just plays it perfectly.

The royal rumble match was a disaster the booking was just terrible. there was no drama in it at all it was just so meh. Bryan was eliminated in such a bad way, they could have had at least someone screw him over but it was just like so bad.

I actually feel bad for reigns as i think hes not as bad as some people are saying and its the booking that's letting him down and the fans are letting wwe know that they cant keep shoving people down our throats and expect people to connect with them.

The only way i can see them keep brock vs reigns as a 1 on 1 match is if they turn Heyman to side with reigns.
    It's nothing to do with Reigns. I like him, he's ok. It's the predictability of it all. Once Ambrose is gone you know what's happening. The crowd screaming for Rusev was indicative of just how starved of my unpredictability they were and he comes in and gets sharply disposed of. People don't like having things shoved down their throats and that happened to a worse degree than last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just imagine how different the show would've been if the world title match had closed the night, assuming the match went exactly the same way. I think the backlash wouldn't have been half as bad tbh. Also they should've just left the Rock off the show altogether. Apart from a nice quick pop, he offered little to ease the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Still can't get over last night, it feels like a hazy, poorly constructed dream. It feels like they went out of their way to book the worst Rumble possible. The reaction of their fan base was clear, it's a fan base that has lost faith in the company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I will find it easy to get over last night as it went exactly as everyone expected, in the Royal Rumble match at least. Anyway, Brock Lesnar was amazing last night. I was delighted with that.

Just watched the Rumble there, it was almost a thing of beauty in how badly it was done. Match died for the crowd after Bryan was eliminated. Picked up a bit when Dean came in, but when he was gone they were done again. Reigns should not have won, it's pretty damn clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I loved the RR, it's so entertaining to watch the amount of butthurt going on over at reddit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

The company really does hate their own fans. Good to see those fans voting with their wallets. Hopefully more of the same, seeing as in 2015 it's seemingly the only way for legitimate talent to get pushed over Vince McMahon big guys.

Brock Lesnar was amazing last night. I was delighted with that.

Best part of the whole ppv for me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Anyway, Brock Lesnar was amazing last night. I was delighted with that.

Does this not make the Main Event of WM a harder pill to swallow though. After all of that buildup for Lesnar he's going to get put away in the ring by someone who's very limited in the ring and probably has a shorter move setlist than Cena.

To see Lesnar get beaten by a superman punch and a lazy spear after that performance last night will be a very bitter pill to swallow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Its amazing they went through with it, having Rocky there because they knew Reigns would be booed, having Kane and the ****ing Big Show in the final 3/4 and casually eliminating crowd favourites. Unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Its amazing they went through with it, having Rocky there because they knew Reigns would be booed, having Kane and the ****ing Big Show in the final 3/4 and casually eliminating crowd favourites. Unbelievable

Spot on, it's a company that's lost touch with its audience. These are the kind of booking decisions that were common place in the dying days of WCW, the kind of booking WWE actively mocks on its own network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I am 100% sure there was malicious intent in that directed towards the fans. Heel behaviour my arse, they might as well have given a big middle finger to the hard camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I wouldn't watch much wrestling anymore if any and I was shocked how poor the promotion has gone. Loads of wrestlers with no gimmicks and the ones with gimmicks were really poor.

World title match was great, really enjoyed that but otherwise it was probably the worst PPV I have seen.

• Advertisement

How they talk about Goldberg on the Network and where Reigns is at now cracks me up.

They could easily have turned Brock face and have him go against the Authority and Rollins or capitalised on Ambrose rise pre Wyatt so overdoing Reigns push is worse when it wasn't the only option.

I hope they re-sign Lesner regardless, he is brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Great triple threat. Awful Rumble.

Please stay beyond Mania Brock so Reigns doesn't have to go over. Rollins v Lesnar towards Summerslam 2015 is so much more appealing.

i just love the mentality of, "we have to get Reigns over, so he can't be in the ring with Bryan, so we have to eliminate Bryan before he's in".

so so so so so so so so dumb and insulting. they actually thought that the audience would forget about Bryan in that timespan. ridiculous stuff.

also, the idea that you put Reigns against giants, have him win and then get Rock to endorse him is just so corny.

Rock's eyebrow at the crowd was gold at the end.

he knows.

i just love the mentality of, "we have to get Reigns over, so he can't be in the ring with Bryan, so we have to eliminate Bryan before he's in".
    Instead, they have him in with the equally over Ambrose :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Such an odd PPV!

The title match was great, all three men put in a brilliant showing, particularly Rollins in my opinion, he really grabbed his opportunity, the elbow through the table was sick, he got some serious air!

I actually thought the Rumble started quite well with Bubba and then Bray dominating until Bryan appeared! Went downhill fast though, it was just so 'meh'. Had to laugh at Kane and Show just casually dumping the likes of Ziggler and Ambrose, think WWE were taking the piss there :P

And no Sting?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

B8QX9vnIQAA3dJZ.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Dat title match though...

what must Vince have been thinking when Rusev's name was being chanted at the end?

i'd say he was having a fúcking conniption.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Dat title match though...

Brock is the only reason to watch WWE at all.

just insane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

My biggest gripe with the whole Rumble match was the booking. I get Roman Reigns, I know they want him as the next big star but it just felt so forced and child like.

the title match was superb. Everyone in the match just delivered. Seth Rollins is incredible and well Brock is just inhuman!

5/10 show, the title match is probably the best triple threat match since Vengeance 2002. 10/10

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Don't love the authority coming out at the end. Kind of wish we could have a top babyface that didn't need to feud with his boss. So played out.

cian68 wrote: »
    Don't love the authority coming out at the end. Kind of wish we could have a top babyface that didn't need to feud with his boss. So played out.

I think that was more of oooh look the crowd are booing the authority and not our now "top" babyface we're trying to shove down their throats. They'll most likely put Reigns in a feud with the Authority to try and deflect the attention away from the boooooo-lieve that chants that are a comin'....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just rewatched the triple treat title match. That was unreal and the fans were right to applaud Seth Rollins at the end. All three men brought it. And yet we have roman reigns in the main event of wrestlemania ? Seth Rollins won me over with that match and I hope lesnar stays now as the man is a machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭poeticmakaveli

I watched wrestling for the first time lastnight since Bret Hart,hulk hogan,Shawn Michaels,tatanka,etc,that era.
    Boy it was brutal! now i know its probably to do with the fact that I'm much older now,but there doesn't seem the same buzz around it!
    Even now if you showed me a replay of the summerslam fight between Bret Hart and British bulldog ,it is still exciting! i do have interest and have watched documentaries on wrestlers, particularly the wrestlers i grew up watching but I'd like to hear from a fan that has been watching it since the 90s up to now and get their opinion on if it has gone to hell or gotten better!
    P.S Bret Hart was the best of them all:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Lesnar looked like he'd had a ghost chilli pepper at one point in the match, smart doing all those big spots early and giving him time recover as the match went on.

But him getting up from 3 of Cena's finishers in a row was a bit ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Brock always goes red.

Cena deserves lots of credit for his performance last night as well.

what must Vince have been thinking when Rusev's name was being chanted at the end?

i'd say he was having a fúcking conniption.

He was probably shouting "Im Vince McMahon damn it, why are they booing, im giving them what I want"

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭irs

I only saw the last two matches so I saw a brilliant title match and a Royal Rumble which was terrible but at least was interesting because of the crowd and the hilarious (whether intentional or not) sight of Kane & Big Show squashing everyone. So overall it was alright although I'd imagine if you were watching this every week you'd be a bit more annoyed.

It's interesting how they've booked Bryan the last two years, leaving him out of the Rumble last year and having such a low-key spot this year. All it does I think is draw even more attention to him as it's blatant that they know the crowd want him to win and they are trying to cover that up. If they don't want him to win then at least treat him like a proper main eventer and not a mid-carder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,977 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

What also wrecked my head was having to listen to Cole (who was being fed the lines from McMahon) keep going on about the WWE Universes fan favorites Bryan, Ambrose, Ziggler everytime Reigns was being booed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

watching wwe fallout of the royal rumble on the network its hilarious watching booker t and renee young trying to talk over the boos from the crowd and daniel bryan chants.

the boo's when reigns threw rusev over the top rope was deafening

• Advertisement
Advertisement