Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 Royal Rumble aftermath *results inside*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Don't love the authority coming out at the end. Kind of wish we could have a top babyface that didn't need to feud with his boss. So played out.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

cian68 wrote: »
    Don't love the authority coming out at the end. Kind of wish we could have a top babyface that didn't need to feud with his boss. So played out.

I think that was more of oooh look the crowd are booing the authority and not our now "top" babyface we're trying to shove down their throats. They'll most likely put Reigns in a feud with the Authority to try and deflect the attention away from the boooooo-lieve that chants that are a comin'....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,302 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just rewatched the triple treat title match. That was unreal and the fans were right to applaud Seth Rollins at the end. All three men brought it. And yet we have roman reigns in the main event of wrestlemania ? Seth Rollins won me over with that match and I hope lesnar stays now as the man is a machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭poeticmakaveli

I watched wrestling for the first time lastnight since Bret Hart,hulk hogan,Shawn Michaels,tatanka,etc,that era.
    Boy it was brutal! now i know its probably to do with the fact that I'm much older now,but there doesn't seem the same buzz around it!
    Even now if you showed me a replay of the summerslam fight between Bret Hart and British bulldog ,it is still exciting! i do have interest and have watched documentaries on wrestlers, particularly the wrestlers i grew up watching but I'd like to hear from a fan that has been watching it since the 90s up to now and get their opinion on if it has gone to hell or gotten better!
    P.S Bret Hart was the best of them all:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,300 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Lesnar looked like he'd had a ghost chilli pepper at one point in the match, smart doing all those big spots early and giving him time recover as the match went on.

But him getting up from 3 of Cena's finishers in a row was a bit ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Brock always goes red.

Cena deserves lots of credit for his performance last night as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

SlickRic wrote: »
    what must Vince have been thinking when Rusev's name was being chanted at the end?

i'd say he was having a fúcking conniption.

He was probably shouting "Im Vince McMahon damn it, why are they booing, im giving them what I want"

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭irs

I only saw the last two matches so I saw a brilliant title match and a Royal Rumble which was terrible but at least was interesting because of the crowd and the hilarious (whether intentional or not) sight of Kane & Big Show squashing everyone. So overall it was alright although I'd imagine if you were watching this every week you'd be a bit more annoyed.

It's interesting how they've booked Bryan the last two years, leaving him out of the Rumble last year and having such a low-key spot this year. All it does I think is draw even more attention to him as it's blatant that they know the crowd want him to win and they are trying to cover that up. If they don't want him to win then at least treat him like a proper main eventer and not a mid-carder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

What also wrecked my head was having to listen to Cole (who was being fed the lines from McMahon) keep going on about the WWE Universes fan favorites Bryan, Ambrose, Ziggler everytime Reigns was being booed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

watching wwe fallout of the royal rumble on the network its hilarious watching booker t and renee young trying to talk over the boos from the crowd and daniel bryan chants.

the boo's when reigns threw rusev over the top rope was deafening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,361 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

That might have been the worst rumble I've ever seen. Devoid of any tension or drama. When the last three in the ring were Kane, The Big Slow and Reigns you just groaned. Loudly.

Even The Rock looked embarrassed being out there. The look on his face when he tried to sell Reigns to the crowd to zero if not outright hostile reaction was one of "why did I agree to do this again"?

On the plus side the triple threat match was fantastic.

The WWE are shoving Reigns down the throat of the fans and they are clearly rejecting him. One day he might be ready but it's not now. Reminds me of when they tried to push Lex Luger as the next big thing. Luger's career never really recovered from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sin Eater

The Triple Threat and the surprise entrants (especially Bubba Ray) make this a seven for me.

While I think it was a poor choice to have Daniel Bryan be eliminated so early, the rest of the rumble itself would have been grand if it wasn't for the audience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Loughc wrote: »
    Does this not make the Main Event of WM a harder pill to swallow though. After all of that buildup for Lesnar he's going to get put away in the ring by someone who's very limited in the ring and probably has a shorter move setlist than Cena.

To see Lesnar get beaten by a superman punch and a lazy spear after that performance last night will be a very bitter pill to swallow.

For me, no it doesn't. If Roman Reigns wins the championship from Brock Lesnar, it's just going to make it all that better when Seth Rollins cashes in his contract.

For me, no it doesn't. If Roman Reigns wins the championship from Brock Lesnar, it's just going to make it all that better when Seth Rollins cashes in his contract.

which he should do immediately if Reigns beats Lesnar.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Title match was great but...

A full year of Rusev & Lana running down the stupid fat Americans and their puny country and pointing out how terrible it is in comparison to Mother Russia and the great Vladamir Putin and then when the WWE announcers are saying Roman Reigns is going to Wrestlemania what are the crowd chanting "We want Rusev, We want Rusev"

It was done that poorly that even with the Rock endorsing him (not sure if the announcers ever even pointed out their cousins which woulda been logical in my mind to explain why hes making the save) didn't stop the crowd from chanting for an American hating heel.

on a side note most of the eliminations Kane was involved in seemed like Show was the main one doing it. Did any of them count as Kane's i.e towards the record number of eliminations?

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭da gamer

Now before I pose this question I have to admit I am not a regular viewer of wwe and haven't been for quite some time, but I have to ask, am I the only one that doesn't get the whole Daniel Bryan thing? Everyone on social media going mad that he didn't win. I just don't get it! ...(Preparing for backlash)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Best thing they could do to save their blushes would be a fake injury angle to Reigns and put bryan in the title match at Mania

da gamer wrote: »
    Now before I pose this question I have to admit I am not a regular viewer of wwe and haven't been for quite some time, but I have to ask, am I the only one that doesn't get the whole Daniel Bryan thing? Everyone on social media going mad that he didn't win. I just don't get it! ...(Preparing for backlash)

He's the most popular wrestler in the WWE at the moment. He is the best technically in the ring too even though obviously that does not do it for everyone (like the people booking the show for instance) and one of only around 3 guys the fans would have actually wanted to see win (Him, Ambrose & Ziggler).

He is also the poster boy for what isn't being pushed down the fans throat (Reigns), the underdog and the guy who has paid his dues and worked his way up from the indies, Japan, NXT etc.

The more and more the WWE choose what they want the fans to want and not what the fans are blatantly telling them they want the more they gravitate towards people like Bryan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Sin Eater wrote: »
    While I think it was a poor choice to have Daniel Bryan be eliminated so early, the rest of the rumble itself would have been grand if it wasn't for the audience.

it's not the audience's fault.

they are entitled to reject shíte.

Bryan is the most over guy right now. He is liked, and he never got his run. WWE didn't just take the chance of another run for Bryan away, but they treated him like a mid-carder, while also pushing a guy who they've started pushing as Cena Mk II.

it's lazy, it's predictable and it's shíte.

Reigns had not been booed until this night. the fans wanted to get behind him, but haven't really been given a reason since the breakup of the Shield. he is everything that you want to represent your company if you're Vince McMahon, but you can't push prematurely. He hasn't had one decent fúcking singles feud yet FFS. it's pathetic.

for example, Steve Austin was pushed over a period of time as an upper-mid card heel. he feuded with Bret, lost repeatedly, paid his dues in the company, then when he got the reaction needed, he was pushed to the moon. Reigns has done none of those things, and is being pushed like he is because Vince is utterly desperate for someone to take on the Cena mantle so that the same shít we've seen for 10 years can continue on.

Reigns is fine, and I am absolutely sure that given a couple of major feuds and a couple of years under his belt he would be ready to be 'the man'. but it's not now.

I honestly believe last night might have been a watershed moment for the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

which he should do immediately if Reigns beats Lesnar.

They'll have him cash in and job, given the current booking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I haven't watch but was Rock in the rumble or just came in to help Reigns win it?

At this moment if Rollins were to cash in on Reigns to take the title from him he would get a massive babyface pop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I haven't watch but was Rock in the rumble or just came in to help Reigns win it?

Rock wasn't in the Rumble and didn't even come out to help him win. He came out to clear out Big Show and Kane with Roman (after Roman was believed to have won), and try and "endorse" Roman.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Reigns eliminated Kane & Show but they got back in and double teamed him only for the Rock to show up to back up his Cuz and give him his seal of approval which apparently wasn't good enough to cover up how badly they booked the rumble.

Also where the F was Randy Orton?

Reigns eliminated Kane & Show but they got back in and double teamed him only for the Rock to show up to back up his Cuz and give him his seal of approval which apparently wasn't good enough to cover up how badly they booked the rumble.

Also where the F was Randy Orton?

Fúck you Titus needed his spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ricero wrote: »
    Best thing they could do to save their blushes would be a fake injury angle to Reigns and put bryan in the title match at Mania

Or Rock to take his place against Brock

Mokuba wrote: »
    Fúck you Titus needed his spot.

I can understand them holding off on Randy as I think they will use him vs Rollins to keep Rollins out of the ME picture at Mania but still in a big match while having the MITB contract so the possibility of cashing in too.

That said the booking of the rumble was so bad they could have used him just to make people think something other than a Reigns win was going down after Bryan was eliminated.

Did anyone else hear Cole teasing Cena equaling Flairs 16 world titles.

It's close Lads, then he will be the greatest of all time. Imagine the tributes then...good Jaysus

Best thing they could do is have some face ownership figure challenge the Authority - like Linda back in the day.

So NewLinda comes to Bryan and informs him that because he was stripped due to injury and never lost he is entitled to a match for the title, which he was never informed of cos the Authority hate him.

So he joins the match due to some random contract thing. Either that or find a way to get Seth and Dean into the match and have anybody but Roman go over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

The more I think about it the more I'm convinced it was a giant middle finger to the fans. there's just no way that they could intentionally put on a rumble so bad and not know that it's gonna be sh1t on. Are they really that out of touch? It's actually sad in a way. I stopped watching after Mania last year as I didn't think they had enough top talent and storyline to keep me justifiably tuning in each week. last night confirmed that for me. Just had no interest in the majority of the wrestlers participating. Hope they can turn a corner soon but I doubt it.

Advertisement