Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 Royal Rumble aftermath *results inside*

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

martyos121 wrote: »
    Last thing I'm going to say on the matter, but I 100% expect changes to be made to the Wrestlemania main event. Either they'll make it a Fatal 4 Way (can't do a TT twice in a row) or push it down the card. I'm fine with either option, and how great would it be to see Sting stand over a defeated Triple H to end the night?

They have to do something to send the crowd home happy, Reigns defeating Lesnar will not cut it, even if you have Rock, Austin & Hogan come out and endorse him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Will we have Reigns or Brock vs Axel on Raw, the same way Maven had a match after people pointed how he never got eliminated the year he eliminated Taker?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Last thing I'm going to say on the matter, but I 100% expect changes to be made to the Wrestlemania main event. Either they'll make it a Fatal 4 Way (can't do a TT twice in a row) or push it down the card. I'm fine with either option, and how great would it be to see Sting stand over a defeated Triple H to end the night?

Jesus and I thought WWE had bad booking

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lord TSC wrote: »
    100% agree. Especially when you consider the talent in NXT, the roster hasn't had as much potential in years, but they don't have a clue what to do with it.

I have to say I disagree.... they know exactly what to do with the talent... Makes Reigns looks strong.... okay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was any Nxt lads in the rumble?

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Was any Nxt lads in the rumble?

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Tugboats wrote: »
    Jesus and I thought WWE had bad booking

Yes they do, also. Explain to me in explicit detail how you'd book it. Is it any wonder I'm usually just a lurker here, a simple "I disagree" would've sufficed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Why not? They did the once in a lifetime for 2 straight mainas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Why not? They did the once in a lifetime for 2 straight mainas.

Didn't intend for that to come out as it did, just meant it would've looked a bit repetitive. I suppose with three different guys it wouldn't have mattered really anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Gave the show a three. Thirty minutes of awesome content, two and half of rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I still can't believe the way they got rid of Ziggler, Ambrose and Wyatt (the guy who had been there longest at that point I believe) by just having Show and Kane dump them over like they were nothing.

I saw Kane and Show team up at a house show in Dublin ten bloody years ago and now here they are a decade later eliminating guys in their prime. Crazy stuff.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

In fairness, I do get what they were doing; it was building Kane and Show up as an unstoppable duo. The commentary backed that up, taking about the records they were breaking. The idea then was that it was some crazy odds for Reigns to overcome.

The problem, of course, is that we knew Reigns was winning and, obviously, Show and Kane weren't. Would have worked better with, say, Rusev and Wyatt, who the crowd might have bought as possible winners. But then you also don't get the set up for Rock/Reigns vs Show/Kane.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Big Show and Kane burying the talent is easily the most annoying part for me, whatever about Reigns winning.
    Also - Reigns did absolutely sweet f**k all during the rumble itself which annoyed me. Came in, got boo'd, hung around doing nothing then won by default when THE GUY WHO HE IS CURRENTLY FEUDING WITH FORGOT ABOUT HIM.

I'm sorry but whoever is planning these matches is a f**king idiot. Miz versus The Uso's was about as well thought out as a road to nowhere "oh he didn't tag the popular guy brilliant thats great" and then one of the Uso's just kicks out of miz's finish like it aint no thang. WHY. WHY HAVE IT AS A FINISHER. so annoying. The Diva's tag.... good lord. So many f**king mistakes and so much nonsense, I think one of the bellas won with a forearm smash... but then you have people kicking out of finishers in other matches. Ascension versus NAO was fine actually, no complaints. The title match was also really good, enjoyed it immensely.

Big Show, Kane, Mark Henry - you are a decade out of date and you still bury far better wrestlers than you on a weekly basis. Please stop. Big Show - you once fell from a roof of a stadium only to later be perfectly okay and then double bearhug hulk hogan with a mummy. That was 20 years ago. I dont think I need to say much more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

BMMachine wrote: »
    Big Show and Kane burying the talent is easily the most annoying part for me, whatever about Reigns winning.
    Also - Reigns did absolutely sweet f**k all during the rumble itself which annoyed me. Came in, got boo'd, hung around doing nothing then won by default when THE GUY WHO HE IS CURRENTLY FEUDING WITH FORGOT ABOUT HIM.

I'm sorry but whoever is planning these matches is a f**king idiot. Miz versus The Uso's was about as well thought out as a road to nowhere "oh he didn't tag the popular guy brilliant thats great" and then one of the Uso's just kicks out of miz's finish like it aint no thang. WHY. WHY HAVE IT AS A FINISHER. so annoying. The Diva's tag.... good lord. So many f**king mistakes and so much nonsense, I think one of the bellas won with a forearm smash... but then you have people kicking out of finishers in other matches. Ascension versus NAO was fine actually, no complaints. The title match was also really good, enjoyed it immensely.

Big Show, Kane, Mark Henry - you are a decade out of date and you still bury far better wrestlers than you on a weekly basis. Please stop. Big Show - you once fell from a roof of a stadium only to later be perfectly okay and then double bearhug hulk hogan with a mummy. That was 20 years ago. I dont think I need to say much more

Big Show, Kane and Mark Henry all do the job on a regular basis for a variety of superstars. Very handy guys to have around for Raw and Smackdown. Shouldn't really be in PPV feuds though with the exception of Henry is class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The one wise thing they did was not to put Orton in the Rumble to be honest.

Holding him back and not burning him like they did with Bryan, Ziggler, Ambrose, Rusev even Wyatt etc .

Orton & Sheamus might be big winners in the end having nothing to do with this years Rumble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,170 ✭✭✭✭briany

Has anyone within the WWE voiced a negative opinion on this or are they all afraid of sticking their head above the parapet?

briany wrote: »
    Has anyone within the WWE voiced a negative opinion on this or are they all afraid of sticking their head above the parapet?

They shouldn't do this. It won't end well. Harsh on Reigns too.

The turning of Lesnar face can't be coincidental here.

CM Punk voiced his concerns... he's now making lots of money in the UFC... and people say there's no where else for the wrestlers to go these days :pac:

CSF wrote: »
    Big Show, Kane and Mark Henry all do the job on a regular basis for a variety of superstars. Very handy guys to have around for Raw and Smackdown. Shouldn't really be in PPV feuds though with the exception of Henry is class.

thats great and all but like... how much time have they taken up for no reason whatsoever? No one gets over by beating them, thats the thing. People just want to see the back of them because they do sweet f.a other than take up other peoples air time. They are also such vets and have been there 20 years that no one will mess with them in the back and no one will stand up to them. They have nothing to fear whereas your Cesaro's, Zigglers, Kidds etc (you know, the guys that can work and put on amazing matches) yo-yo up and down the card and work preshows and can't say anything because they will get future endevoured because we all know, don't piss anyone off.

They are an absolute waste of time. There is no 2 ways about it. and if you think Henry is 'class' then w/e taste is subjective but christ...

thats great and all but like... how much time have they taken up for no reason whatsoever? No one gets over by beating them, thats the thing. People just want to see the back of them because they do sweet f.a other than take up other peoples air time. They are also such vets and have been there 20 years that no one will mess with them in the back and no one will stand up to them. They have nothing to fear whereas your Cesaro's, Zigglers, Kidds etc (you know, the guys that can work and put on amazing matches) yo-yo up and down the card and work preshows and can't say anything because they will get future endevoured because we all know, don't piss anyone off.

They are an absolute waste of time. There is no 2 ways about it. and if you think Henry is 'class' then w/e taste is subjective but christ...
    Guys like Kane and Big Show are absolutely necessary.

Can the likes of Rollins, Rusev, Lesnar, Wyatt absorb losses every week to put the top faces over? Can they be constantly taking the pin in tag matches and 6mans? No.

Can the faces never win in these matches to keep the heels looking strong? No, otherwise the faces look weak and do not get over. That's where these guys come in. They'll take the Raw/Smackdown losses that keep the big feuds ticking over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭therickster

It's a pity about Henry's injuries, his "retirement" speech last summer with Cena was probably the best piece of mic work I've seen by any star, past or present! Executed it perfectly!

His Hall of pain run was great too, I was very much a casual viewer though around that time I must admit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i think it's hilarious that after being the biggest heel in the world, after defeating Taker at Mania, WWE at this moment are heading into this year's Mania with Brock as the biggest babyface he's ever been.

astounding work really.

i also can't believe they let go of Bryan/Lesnar at Mania. it would have been all kinds of epic before a rabid Wrestlemania crowd. well, I can believe it, but it really is dumbfounding when you think about it.

you could have easily done Rollins/Reigns, and it would have been a fantastic build for Reigns.

it just made too much sense.

by the way, will this be the first time WWE have had someone going for the title at Mania without ever having a proper singles feud before? I can't think of any before Reigns?

They shouldn't do this. It won't end well. Harsh on Reigns too.

The turning of Lesnar face can't be coincidental here.

If they said it in a group, it might end better than usual. It's usually one or two lone guys who then get buried as everybody else runs for cover, thinking about those spots that are going to get left. Every time a mid carder talks some shíít about the product, there's probably a bunch of curtain jerkers rubbing their hands together.

Last night's Triple Threat match is garnering rave reviews at least, I don't often praise Cena for his in ring work (if at all) but I think he definitely deserves it from last nights performance.

More often then not, the road to Mania will bring in a tonne of changes to the WM card! I expect it won't be a straight forward Reigns v Lesnar match! They may put feelers out tonight and next week on Raw about Reigns reception, if its not going well I expect Orton & Rollins to probably be added to the mix.

I just can't see Bryan being added to the title picture now tbh, my best guess is he will feud with Wyatt and build up to WM match.

Guys like Kane and Big Show are absolutely necessary.

Can the likes of Rollins, Rusev, Lesnar, Wyatt absorb losses every week to put the top faces over? Can they be constantly taking the pin in tag matches and 6mans? No.

Can the faces never win in these matches to keep the heels looking strong? No, otherwise the faces look weak and do not get over. That's where these guys come in. They'll take the Raw/Smackdown losses that keep the big feuds ticking over.

yeah, you are right. But these guys don't have to be 20 year vets who have shot their bolt a decade earlier. Because look what happens when it comes to PPV's... "oh I've been jobbing a while, can I get some PPV time?" They know how to work it and as bodies to beat on Raw and SD fine w/e, thats just what it is, a body and they have loooaaads of other guys that can do that. But they are still time vampires and shouldnt be there. Bullet to the head, all three of their careers stat

If they said it in a group, it might end better than usual. It's usually one or two lone guys who then get buried as everybody else runs for cover, thinking about those spots that are going to get left. Every time a mid carder talks some shíít about the product, there's probably a bunch of curtain jerkers rubbing their hands together.

Ah I'm sure there are plenty of guys there who view it merely as an income source and don't really care whether the right guy gets pushed.

SlickRic wrote: »
    i think it's hilarious that after being the biggest heel in the world, after defeating Taker at Mania, WWE at this moment are heading into this year's Mania with Brock as the biggest babyface he's ever been.

astounding work really.

i also can't believe they let go of Bryan/Lesnar at Mania. it would have been all kinds of epic before a rabid Wrestlemania crowd. well, I can believe it, but it really is dumbfounding when you think about it.

you could have easily done Rollins/Reigns, and it would have been a fantastic build for Reigns.

it just made too much sense.

by the way, will this be the first time WWE have had someone going for the title at Mania without ever having a proper singles feud before? I can't think of any before Reigns?

1st paragraph: disagree tbh. I know Reigns isn't well received by the older crowd for the most part but I suspect last night's crowd won't be repeated tonight! Philly is a notoriously tough crowd to win over! Tonight's RAW is in WWE homeland of Connecticut. He'll receive a "warmer" response.

Bryan v Lesnar would be great, he might still be added to the mix somehow? Patience ;)

yeah, you are right. But these guys don't have to be 20 year vets who have shot their bolt a decade earlier. Because look what happens when it comes to PPV's... "oh I've been jobbing a while, can I get some PPV time?" They know how to work it and as bodies to beat on Raw and SD fine w/e, thats just what it is, a body and they have loooaaads of other guys that can do that. But they are still time vampires and shouldnt be there. Bullet to the head, all three of their careers stat

They actually don't have anyone else who can do that. Kane and Big Show can take the losses and not look completely pathetic (in kayfabe) because of their history in the upper card and their size.

Just thinking about the past 6 rumbles:

2010 - Edge winning... w/e, no one else really at the time.
    2011 - Alberto Del Rio winning - Heel victory (fine) lost the opener at mania to a guy that retired soon after (WTF. PUT HIM OVER IF THATS THE CASE)
    2012 - Seamus winning - goes to wrestlemania and wins in 18 seconds or w/e with the best worker in the company
    2013 - Cena wins - fine tbh and sets up once in a lifetime part 2 which you can understand
    2014 - Batista wins and has a triple threat match, loses, jobs, leaves. Has successful movie career.
    2015 - Roman Reigns wins and the crowd, finally sick of the bs, hijack the show and will probably hijack every show up to and including WM

So yeah, its not shocking that they hammed up this ppv with clown like booking if you look at the history there. Cena tweeted earlier "Sometimes we hit, sometimes we miss, all you can do is do all you can" but if they never learn then they arent doing all they can do, which is the main problem

• Advertisement

Ah I'm sure there are plenty of guys there who view it merely as an income source and don't really care whether the right guy gets pushed.

Either way you'd care, I think, because even if you're only there for the payday, that'll dwindle too if the booking is consistently bad with declining merch, PPV and network buys.

Advertisement