Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to stop getting (incorrectly addressed) post from Eircom?

Options
  • 26-01-2015 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Hi there, 

I've been receiving mis-addressed post from Eircom.  I do not have any account with Eircom (the mail is actually addressed to neighbours).  I've been personally delivering this mail to the correct addresses for years but am fed up now as neither Eircom nor the addressees are correcting the error.  More recently I've returned the mail (several times) to Eircom with a note on the envelope that the addressee is not at this address.   However I continue to receive this mail. 

How do I stop getting this mail?

c

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

coolaboola wrote: »
    Hi there, 

I've been receiving mis-addressed post from Eircom.  I do not have any account with Eircom (the mail is actually addressed to neighbours).  I've been personally delivering this mail to the correct addresses for years but am fed up now as neither Eircom nor the addressees are correcting the error.  More recently I've returned the mail (several times) to Eircom with a note on the envelope that the addressee is not at this address.   However I continue to receive this mail. 

How do I stop getting this mail?

c

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Sorry to hear this coolaboola

This can sometimes happen if in a rural area without house numbers, ultimately it's the responsibility of the eircom account holder to contact eircom to advise that bills are not being sent to right address. If you could PM me your address and the address of the correct address for the letters I will look in to this further,

Thank you

Al[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭coolaboola

Got more mis-directed post from Eircom this morning.  

Haven't got any response to PMs sent on 26.1.15 and 29.1.15.

How do I resolve this problem?  I'm fed up of getting this mail!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Right addressee unknown at this address on the envelope and stick it back in the postbox.

Hi Random_Name, 

Thanks for the suggestion re note on envelope.  Unfortunately I've been doing that for years (literally!) and continue to get my neighbours' Eircom correspondence.  I'm fed up of writing these notes and traipsing to the post box to post these letters (its also a waste of An Post resources to handle this post)   I want to resolve this once and for all.  

Wow!  This is Kafkaesque!  I got a response from Eircom via Twitter.  They have informed me that the addresses are correct... even as I continue to try to tell them that the address is my address and therefore is not correct! 

• Advertisement

Wow!  This is Kafkaesque!  I got a response from Eircom via Twitter.  They have informed me that the addresses are correct... even as I continue to try to tell them that the address is my address and therefore is not correct! 
    Hi coolaboola

The advice given to you is indeed correct. The correct addresses are clearly written on the envelope of the bills for the accounts in question (including the letters after the house number) and as a result the best advice we can offer you is to speak with the postman requesting that he take note of the correct letter box in which to put the bills.

I'm aware from your PM's and Tweets that you wish to speak to somebody to resolve this however should you require any further assistance with this you will need to make a complaint in writing to:

Customer care
    5th Floor Telephone house
    Dublin 1

Or contact accounts on free phone 1901

I can understand your eagerness for this to stop however there is nothing to change on the bills themselves as the right address is perfectly displayed.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Al, 

Have PM'ed  you as I would like to send you photos of the envelopes showing that the envelopes do not display the correct address (as I've stated in all my correspondence on this matter to date)   No house letters are on these envelopes.   All are addressed to my address. 

(For obvious reasons I don't want to share these here, both for my and my neighbours' privacy!) 

Hope you can sort this out!

c

Hi Al, 

Have PM'ed  you as I would like to send you photos of the envelopes showing that the envelopes do not display the correct address (as I've stated in all my correspondence on this matter to date)   No house letters are on these envelopes.   All are addressed to my address. 

(For obvious reasons I don't want to share these here, both for my and my neighbours' privacy!) 

Hope you can sort this out!

c
    Hi Mary,

If you could email the photos to ccm@eircom.ie I will look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Al, 

I've emailed the photos to you now. 

Hi Al, 

I've emailed the photos to you now. 
    Hi coolaboola

There's an issues with ccm@eircom.ie at present could you please possible forward the email to eircomconnect@eircom.ie ?

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi Al, 

Ok.  I've emailed the photos to eircomconnect@eircom.ie 

Let me know when you get them. 

c

Hi Al,

Ok. I've emailed the photos to eircomconnect@eircom.ie

Let me know when you get them.

c
    You're right coolaboola

The photos you sent me do not have the correct letters beside the house number - it's very odd because we have the letters on our billing records, can you confirm if the letters are bills? I know you can't open them but are you getting them every month?

Thanks
    Al

Hi Al, 

Thanks for following up.   I can't tell if these particular letter are bills but I do get correspondence quiet regularly for each of the named addressees.   I can't be sure that its monthly but that sounds about right. 

c

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Surely there are serious data protection issues here? 

dub45 wrote: »
    Surely there are serious data protection issues here? 
    Do you mean in the sense that Eircom continue to use my address without my consent? Or that they're sending my neighbours' correspondence to the wrong address?  Or both?

Either way, if the issue isn't resolved soon by Eircom I will be escalating the matter.  I'm considering my options.  Any suggestions?   

Hi Al, 

Thanks for following up.   I can't tell if these particular letter are bills but I do get correspondence quiet regularly for each of the named addressees.   I can't be sure that its monthly but that sounds about right. 

c
    Hi coolaboola

I have requested that billing operations investigate, as soon as I have an update I will be back to yu immediately.

Thanks for patience with this and apologies for the inconvenience this has caused to date,

Cheers

Al

Hi Al, 

Got the following email from your Customer Support today.  They obviously don't fully undesrtand the issue - according to you, my neighbours' addresses are correct in your records but their correspondence is being incorrectly addressed.  So the problem is not for my neighbours to correct, the problem is with the Eircom addressing system.  As requested in the email, I've replied to them to bring this to their attention but its getting exasperating to have to repeat this over and over.  I'd appreciate if you would follow up on this please.  

"Dear [],

Many thanks for your email.

In regards to your mail we do apologise for any inconvenience, we will notify the customers concerned and request that they update their address details at 1901. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

[font=Arial, sans-serif]I hope this email is of some assistance to your query.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]If you have any further queries please call our Customer Care team on 1901 or reply to this email and we will be delighted to assist [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]you.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Regards,[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Jai[/font]"

Hi Al, 

Got the following email from your Customer Support today.  They obviously don't fully undesrtand the issue - according to you, my neighbours' addresses are correct in your records but their correspondence is being incorrectly addressed.  So the problem is not for my neighbours to correct, the problem is with the Eircom addressing system.  As requested in the email, I've replied to them to bring this to their attention but its getting exasperating to have to repeat this over and over.  I'd appreciate if you would follow up on this please.  

"Dear [],

In regards to your mail we do apologise for any inconvenience, we will notify the customers concerned and request that they update their address details at 1901. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

[font=Arial, sans-serif]I hope this email is of some assistance to your query.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]If you have any further queries please call our Customer Care team on 1901 or reply to this email and we will be delighted to assist [/font]

HI coolaboola

Yes you had previously (and accurately) advised this - apologies for the confusing email. Please leave this with me and I'll have this looked in to further

AL

Hi Al, 

"Dear [],

HI coolaboola

Yes you had previously (and accurately) advised this - apologies for the confusing email. Please leave this with me and I'll have this looked in to further

AL
    Thanks Al.  Hope you get it sorted.  Keep me posted (so to speak!). 

Hi Al, 

"Dear [],

HI coolaboola

AL
    Thanks Al.  Hope you get it sorted.  Keep me posted (so to speak!). 
    I'll keep you posted coolaboola (well to this thread here anyway :))

I'll be back ASAP

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement