Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Sugar for Bottling

Options
  • 26-01-2015 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

First time brewer.

My beer has been fermenting for 12 days now and I hope to begin bottling in next 3-4 days but I'm just wondering what is the best sugar to use when bottling? I've read that corn sugar is the recommended but can't seem to buy that anywhere. Not sure if it's important but I'll be adding the sugar to the bottling bucket instead of the individual bottles.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Corn sugar is sometimes sold as dextrose or glucose in the baking section of the supermarket. But really it doesn't make a whole lot of difference what sort of sugar you use for priming.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

The best sugar, is the cheapest sugar. Aldi caster sugar is cheaper than their white sugar, ~1.1euro a kilo.

I always boil the sugar in about its weight of water to sterilise it before adding to the bottling bucket.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭HMD

I have used DME, dextrose and table sugar and have found the table sugar best.

Advertisement