Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDMI out of Range

Options
  • 26-01-2015 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

Well hopefully anyway !!
    I bought a HDMI to DVI connector to use a monitor for the picture, I had intended to run the XBOX through a HDMI amp and take the PIC out to the monitor and could use the sound via the sound system.

It works perfectly for my Xbox 1 but no picture on the Xbox. So I was playing around with the HDMI output settings and still getting nothing to the monitor, I was connecting directly and still nothing. So after giving up for the evening I hooked the xbox back to the TV. Now the xbox goes through the boot motions connects the controller but getting no picture or sound. I connected via the scart leads and it works, I cannot change the HDMI output in this mode so this is where I am stuck. I read online you hold yellow and RT at boot to reset the HDMI but nothing either. I have tried different cables and ports.
    next step is to back up the HDD and reset the console unless someone can think of something.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Just an update, I used a component cable and was able to get into the HDMI settings, I switched back to 1080p and can get a HD picture from that but still nothgin from the HDMI.
    I am assuming I managed to fry my HDMI port.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

It's possible, yes. Try another TV?

Advertisement