Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The George Hotel

• 26-01-2015 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am just wondering what the George Hotel is like, in terms of the restaurant, bar, facilities, etc? Would you recommend it? What standard is the restaurant? Do they serve cocktails in the bar? Is it similar to the G Hotel in Galway?

any advice would be great

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

it is not in any way similar to The G!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Jofspring

It's a nice hotel in a good location but it wouldn't be the standard of the G hotel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

No where near the standard of the G. It's small and boutique. Restaurant is great, superb food in my opinion and the bar is nice, good atmosphere, lots of people there and yes there are cocktails. 'Most' rooms are small though apart from the penthouse types of the top floor.

Great for a city break or weekend stay but it's no 5 star hotel. I usually stay there when I'm visiting Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

The Savoy around the corner is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Meursault

thanks for the advice guys. sounds like a nice place so.

must look at the savoy also

• Advertisement

I wouldnt get too excited about The George - boutique is a little plush a description for it. The Savoy would be far nicer but more expensive. The Strand or Absolute are FAR superior to The George - it would be the last hotel i would choose in the city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A room in the Savoy will cost you a lot more than the George Boutique as it's more upmarket.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Parchment wrote: »
    I wouldnt get too excited about The George - boutique is a little plush a description for it. The Savoy would be far nicer but more expensive. The Strand or Absolute are FAR superior to The George - it would be the last hotel i would choose in the city.

You'd put it ahead of the Pery, the Limerick City Hotel and Pier One? :confused:

An File wrote: »
    You'd put it ahead of the Pery, the Limerick City Hotel and Pier One? :confused:

Oh wait....those didnt even register with me! Ok....those are the bottom of the pile!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Pery Square, Strand or Savoy would be much better than the George.
    I like the food in the George, but its not an amazing hotel imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

I would certainly recommend The Strand , quality & great location:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

The Savoy sounds like the kind of hotel your after OP if money is no object.

The bar is probably the fanciest spot in town, cocktails etc.

The restaurant is okay, nothing out of this world though. Maybe try the Cornstore, Chocolat, Marco Polo etc which would only a minutes walk around the corner.

The Stand and the Absolute are not bad either.

Advertisement