Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to download windows Service Pack 2 to a usb ?

Options
  • 26-01-2015 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Hi

Would anyone be able to advise me how to download windows service Pack 2 for a windows XP laptop, onto a USb stick ? i.e. not for use on the computer I will be using for the download, but to transfer it to another laptop which is not connected to the internet at all.

I want to check that by downloading it , it won't change anything on the computer I am using for the download.

I have a laptop which has been re-set to its factory settings (and has reverted back to service pack 1, but this re-sent means it won't accept my Vodafone 3g Broadband modem. Only service pack 2 or higher will work with the modem. So I can't directly download service pack 2 to the affected laptop and will have to use another one which is connected to the internet.

Any advice / suggestions very much appreciated.

Mike

Comments

Advertisement