Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Can an IBT cert expire?

• 26-01-2015 1:37pm

Hey,

Did my IBT October 2013 and got my A provisional, I haven't taken the test yet but my question is if I fail to pass the test by October of 2015 do I have to re do the IBT? or if not does it ever expire

tks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Hey,

Did my IBT October 2013 and got my A provisional, I haven't taken the test yet but my question is if I fail to pass the test by October of 2015 do I have to re do the IBT? or if not does it ever expire

tks

Yes it will expire, according to the RSA it is valid for 2 years from the date of issue.

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Yes it will expire, according to the RSA it is valid for 2 years from the date of issue.

thanks.

i saw that aswell and my understanding of that was that you had to get your learner permit within the 2 years of getting IBT cert, but once you have the permit can you just keep applying for more permits as they run out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭honda boi

I did my IBT back in 2011 for A licence.Just got back biking,is it expired?.never knew they could expire? Still on a provisional as well.

honda boi wrote: »
    I did my IBT back in 2011 for A licence.Just got back biking,is it expired?.never knew they could expire? Still on a provisional as well.

Well the website isn't clear at all it talks about if a learner permit expires it mentioned 5 years but it also says if you do the IBT after 2013 it's only valid for 2 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭Roadcraft

Well the website isn't clear at all it talks about if a learner permit expires it mentioned 5 years but it also says if you do the IBT after 2013 it's only valid for 2 years

Thats correct, old certs issued before 19/01/2013 do not expire if your permit is kept valid.

New certs issued from 19/01/2013 are valid for two years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭Roadcraft

honda boi wrote: »

No not expired, but valid for category 'A2' (Restricted category).

Advertisement