Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blueface / SNOM 720

Options
  • 26-01-2015 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I've bought a Snom 720 and am trying to set it up with my blueface account.

I've set the registrar and outbound proxy to sip.blueface.ie and I've entered in my sip credentials.

When I log into blueface, I can see that the device is 'Up' and connecting ok.

I get a dial tone, but nothing happens when I try to dial.
    When I call the phone, nothing happens either.

Can someone help me please?

Edited to add: connecting over an Eircom EFibre router.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

ezra_ wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I've bought a Snom 720 and am trying to set it up with my blueface account.

I've set the registrar and outbound proxy to sip.blueface.ie and I've entered in my sip credentials.

When I log into blueface, I can see that the device is 'Up' and connecting ok.

I get a dial tone, but nothing happens when I try to dial.
    When I call the phone, nothing happens either.

Can someone help me please?

Edited to add: connecting over an Eircom EFibre router.

Might sound stupid but in some phones after you dial the number you need to press, green button, dial, etc. Maybe dial # after the number

Does the phone receive calls, can you call extension or numbers like voicemail, monkeys, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

nava wrote: »
    Might sound stupid but in some phones after you dial the number you need to press, green button, dial, etc. Maybe dial # after the number

Does the phone receive calls, can you call extension or numbers like voicemail, monkeys, etc?

When I lift the handset, I get a dial tone. But when I press the tick to make the call, Calling "0871234567" shows up but nothing happens.

When I try to call the line, I get a 'this line is not in use' message that sounds like it is from eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Try to call and receive calls using a soft phone to verify your Blueface account is working on your internet connection.

FSL wrote: »
    Try to call and receive calls using a soft phone to verify your Blueface account is working on your internet connection.

Will do.

Looking at the SIP trace, I can see some 404 responses coming from my phone, and some unauthorised responses coming from blueface. However, there are also a bunch of 200s.

it seems to register ok, just when it sends the call details, it either gets no response, a 404 or an unauthorised...

I installed XLite and connected to my SIP account.

I was able to call my mobile.

I'm guessing there is some setting in the SNOM defaults that needs to be changed?

• Advertisement

ezra_ wrote: »
    I installed XLite and connected to my SIP account.

I was able to call my mobile.

I'm guessing there is some setting in the SNOM defaults that needs to be changed?

Got it sorted.

I got someone to send me the codecs from their setup and that seemed to do the trick.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

G711a (alaw) is what you should be using generally.

Advertisement