Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transaction description explanation (GP)

Options
  • 26-01-2015 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

I see new credit transaction on my account with the description JOE GP

What does the GP stand for?

It also appeared when I did an EFT from an Ulster Bank account.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

jpd wrote: »

Group payment I believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi jpd,

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.

As Sirsok correctly mentions, this stands for Group Payment and is displayed on transfers in to your account. 

Please let us know if you need help with any other query.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Piperwill

Ok but what exactly is a group payment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Piperwill,

Group Payments is the name of our department that processes incoming transfers.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭jpd

Hi Piperwill,

Group Payments is the name of our department that processes incoming transfers.

Thanks
    Tara
    It is a pity that the tag isn't a bit more customer friendly - such SEPA_IN or SEPA_OUT but I'm afraid that being customer friendly is not a high priority for Irish banks in spite of all the advertising about it :-(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

It is a pity that the tag isn't a bit more customer friendly - such SEPA_IN or SEPA_OUT but I'm afraid that being customer friendly is not a high priority for Irish banks in spite of all the advertising about it :-(

Hi jpd,

Thanks for your post.
    We're sorry to hear you feel this way. We will certainly forward your feedback on this to the relevant team.  

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Chevy RV

Hello All, 

Is there any place to find a list of what all the BOI descriptions that appear on my bank statements appears ? e.g. CHQM Cr  or MIXM Cr

Regards, 

Chevy RV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Chevy RV wrote: »
    Hello All, 

Is there any place to find a list of what all the BOI descriptions that appear on my bank statements appears ? e.g. CHQM Cr  or MIXM Cr

Regards, 

Chevy RV
    Hi There, 

I hope you're keeping well.

Cr would generally relate to a credit to the account, and then characters before would refer to the person/merchant who sent these funds to yourself. For more information on this, it would be best to link in with our Customer Service team either by phone on 0818 365 365, or by Secure Message on your 365 online account (on laptop/computer) by following 'Service Desk' > 'Ask a Question'. One of my colleagues will be more than happy to advise you on this.

Thanks, Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭jpd

These are top secret codes not to be revealed to the public - they might get confused!

There is a list of some codes on the back of my bank statement but "GP" is not on it although it does appear on my statement quite a lot

Advertisement