Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roof bars for 2006 Grand Scenic

• 26-01-2015 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi All,

Apologies in advance if this is such a ridiculous question. I have seen a nice second hand Roofs Bars from a Renault Espace. I have a 2006 Renault Grand Scenic. Would these Roof Bars be compatible? Normally I would try them firs but I have to get them posted over from Mayo.

Mods apology if I have posted in the wrong forum.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Hi All,

Apologies in advance if this is such a ridiculous question. I have seen a nice second hand Roofs Bars from a Renault Espace. I have a 2006 Renault Grand Scenic. Would these Roof Bars be compatible? Normally I would try them firs but I have to get them posted over from Mayo.

Mods apology if I have posted in the wrong forum.

I think both have roof rails (front to back on the roof), and you can get your fingers under the rail?

If that's the case, then the "feet" should connect to both OK. Main thing to worry about then is the length of the bar. If the bar doesn't over hand the feet, then it's unlikely they will go from an Espace to a Grand Scenic as I'd say the Espace is wider. If the bars do over hang the feet, then they could well fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Don't think they will fit. The Espace has two Cross-bars which can slide together to look (sort of) like a roof spoiler at the rear. There are grooves in the Roof to take these, the Scenic doesn't have these grooves.
    Any Grand Scenic I've seen with Roof Bars has the fixed type.
    Try Ebay (and Parcel Motel) and keep watching adverts.ie....otherwise see what Halfords do in a "universal fitting" type of Roof Bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 kickinthenads

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Don't think they will fit. The Espace has two Cross-bars which can slide together to look (sort of) like a roof spoiler at the rear. There are grooves in the Roof to take these, the Scenic doesn't have these grooves.
    Any Grand Scenic I've seen with Roof Bars has the fixed type.
    Try Ebay (and Parcel Motel) and keep watching adverts.ie....otherwise see what Halfords do in a "universal fitting" type of Roof Bar.

Cheers, there's slots in the grand scenic all right 4 on each side but no groove. And your correct in that ones I'm looking at slide together to form a spoiler like thing at the back. We got a lend of a generic roof bars with box and drove to cork with what sound like a tornado on top so I thought the Renault ones would be quiter. I'll keep an eye on adverts.

Advertisement