Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of basic garage conversion

Options
  • 26-01-2015 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,
    Just wondering about cost of getting our standard 1960's side of the house garage converted to a playroom/ bedroom. Looking for it to be fully insulated, basic floor, window to the front, roof would need to be insulated externally. Basic electrics..not sure what else it needs.
    Based in South county dublin.

Any ball park figures for me. It's 474cms long x 251cm wide internally.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Muffinb wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Just wondering about cost of getting our standard 1960's side of the house garage converted to a playroom/ bedroom. Looking for it to be fully insulated, basic floor, window to the front, roof would need to be insulated externally. Basic electrics..not sure what else it needs.
    Based in South county dublin.

Any ball park figures for me. It's 474cms long x 251cm wide internally.
    Thanks.

Just bare in mind theres no such thing as basic floor etc, all new works need to comply with the current regulations and that will require certain amounts of insulation etc

You are looking at a 12 Sq. M playroom so :my guess would be about 9k (take with pinch of salt)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Muffinb

kceire wrote: »
    Just bare in mind theres no such thing as basic floor etc, all new works need to comply with the current regulations and that will require certain amounts of insulation etc

You are looking at a 12 Sq. M playroom so :my guess would be about 9k (take with pinch of salt)
    I meant basic as in concrete or just whatever is standard for laying a carpet on not including wooden floorin.
    The most important thing to me is the insulation, intact I would want a he'll of a lot more than building regs suggest. I'm thinking future artic-proofing!! Living in an old 1960's semi has taught me much about the cold and how much I hate cavity block walls!

Advertisement