Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Linx 7 Windows 8.1 Tablet - €44 from Meteor (with CeX trade-in)

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I'm not finding the tablet great for browsing.
    Resolution means sites like Boards looks bad and Chrome is much slower in this than Android.

One thing I found was that browsing boards, on selecting the touch site it kept redirecting to the regular site. Unlike android where it automatically went to the touch site. ill find a workaround yet ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

damian139 wrote: »

Yeah seen that earlier, very rare that the Irish get a better deal than the brits!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭leex

J o e wrote: »
    Hold on desktop -> screen resolution -> make text and other items larger or smaller

I took delivery of one of these today but can't change this setting as it appears disabled. How can I re-enable? Is it permissions related?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭ablelocks

anyone else finding that it takes a while to fully charge? is this down to the tablet or the charger? my guess is the charger so I'm going to try a different one tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Seen some one on here selling there tablet on adverts for a 30 euro profit. It's these sort of phone I hate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

RossieMan wrote: »
    Seen some one on here selling there tablet on adverts for a 30 euro profit. It's these sort of phone I hate.

You don't know how much anyone has paid for their tablet! Not everyone got the phone with tablet deal and not everyone has bought their tablet off the meteor site!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

ablelocks wrote: »
    anyone else finding that it takes a while to fully charge? is this down to the tablet or the charger? my guess is the charger so I'm going to try a different one tonight.

Yes, noticed this too. Tried with my mobile charger but it's very loose in the micro USB port.
    RossieMan wrote: »

Report them - that's against the Adverts rules.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    You don't know how much anyone has paid for their tablet! Not everyone got the phone with tablet deal and not everyone has bought their tablet off the meteor site!

Well....
    dodzy wrote: »
    Got the mail confirming delivery today.

followed by...
    thought id like it but now i think ill just offload to adverts

followed by ...

Tablet listed for €70 asking price
    http://www.adverts.ie/tablet/brand-new-linx-7-windows-tablet-33gb/7322524

Mobile listed for €50 asking price
    http://www.adverts.ie/nokia/nokia-530-meteor-new-boxed/7337813

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

leex wrote: »
    I took delivery of one of these today but can't change this setting as it appears disabled. How can I re-enable? Is it permissions related?

Try control panel /display. Check windows is activated. The first tablet I got wasnt activated for some reason and had to phone activate it. I couldn't adjust some settings until it was activated.

Just checked, foggy_lad is also selling it on adverts for more than he paid.

what a surprise that he's defending these people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

"There's a sucker born every minute"
    As it is still €70 at meteor I wouldn't pay more than €60 off someone hand.
    But I'm sure there are people ready to pay €100 for that (see my first line).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

they are below RRP and you don't have to buy them, adverts rules have changed since they went commercial. and 70 is only an asking price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭KrakityJones

Quite happy with this, would admittedly have preferred the 8" as the 7" screen is a but small but still tis a capable device.

Just wanted to add in case it's of any use - I was paying for onedrive premium(I had 50Gb which was working out at €12 per year). As I got the 365/onedrive unlimited free for the year I was able to cancel the onedrive premium for the rest of the year and use the free one instead, saved me another 12 quid so even though I missed the phone/tablet offer means the tablet only cost me 58 overall.

Anyway might be useful for anyone who had onedrive premium and got this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Pablo1802 wrote: »

Does'nt work. The cover is too small for the Tablet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

cex still taking 530 for 46€, as of last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Saw mine in the window of CEX today for €75 Cat B, website says only one in stock. Poster right next door for the same phone, NEW, in Meteor for €49.

Good luck with the sale CEX!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Happy with the tablet so far but the only annoyance with mine is when charging, there is like a pulse/screen darkens and lightens. Annoying if you're wanting to watch something whilst its plugged in.
    Is this happening to anybody else's

Anyone recommend a good value external battery for this? Anyone tried one while watching video - can the charge keep up? Doesn't need to be slim or sleek - something to have in my bag if using the tablet on a long bus journey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭magher

Has anyone managed to boot x86 android from USB, or dual boot it with windows 8 on the linx 7?

I've attached photos of the bios which I managed to reach by plugging in a USB keyboard and hitting DEL during bootup. Switching boot order to UEFI brings up a shell prompt, only command I found to work was 'exit' :cool:
    I couldn't find any other settings related to USB booting.

I haven't been able to get any emulators running on it, tried Bluestacks and Andy, ran into limited memory issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,092 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Well......what Joe? You the newly appointed adverts police? What would you have suggested I place them up on site for?

Tablet was sold for €65. Didn't like it. Buyer was happy.
    Gave the phone to the wife in the end. Neither was advertised above RRP. But I suppose if you had of sold the tablet for asking, you'd have offered the phone for FREE?

Yeah right. Anyway, sorry to others for digressing.

What would you have suggested I place them up on site for?

Cost price.

But I suppose if you had of sold the tablet for asking, you'd have offered the phone for FREE?

Yeah right.

No, I'd have offered it for combined cost price minus tablet sale price.

Or simply sell combined for cost.

some people just bought it to make money. there what's wrong with bargain alerts. the same people were buying multiple and reserving items from argos and never getting them and looking to trade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Running Windows 10 Professional on it now - working great :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

unkel wrote: »

was it easy to do?

unkel wrote: »

Are you dual booting with win8? If not, is it easy to recover to win8?

TheDriver wrote: »
    was it easy to do?

No. It's safe to say I spent rather a lot of time on it. If only I had waited a while longer, there are guides now for it :D

Google for linx owners sites, you'll come across them
    magher wrote: »
    Are you dual booting with win8? If not, is it easy to recover to win8?

No and no. No space to use both 8.1 and 10. And even if there was, you can not install 10 on the compressed drive*. So that means you won't have the recovery partition either after installing 10, so no way back. Technically there is if you create a recovery partition yourself on external media. Did that, but it didn't recover when I tried, probably because I wiped the compressed partition

Wiping 10 and installing 8.1 is possible though. There are even ways to retrieve your encrypted windows 8.1 license key from the BIOS for use during installation!

*you probably can, but that would require a wimboot install - I had no interest at all to look into that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭long_b

Using it away last night, happy as Larry.
    It powered off - I assumed it was battery.

Left it plugged in overnight. This morning it won't turn on, no charging light or sign of life.

Have people brought them back to a Meteor store or do I have to post ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭frash

long_b wrote: »

Left it plugged in overnight. This morning it won't turn on, no charging light or sign of life.

Have people brought them back to a Meteor store or do I have to post ?

Are you sure the switch was on at the plug? ;)

frash wrote: »
    Are you sure the switch was on at the plug? ;)

Ah, that was it. Thanks very much, I'm not very good with computers.

**That wasn't it**

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

I've had same sort of issue screen just turned off while using it. Although I've still had the charging light. But screen refuses to come back on. The thing I've done was pressing the power button few hundred times, holding it and what not. Eventually it's come back

Jhcx wrote: »
    I've had same sort of issue screen just turned off while using it. Although I've still had the charging light. But screen refuses to come back on. The thing I've done was pressing the power button few hundred times, holding it and what not. Eventually it's come back

I've been having this issue too, it happens when it charging and the cable comes loose. Must be a battery/charging state change issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Wonder is it a graphics driver issue
    Seems to be an issue with another tablet I have and I see instructions for fixing in this forum
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-8-rt/general/pipo-w2f-8-inch-tablet-intel-z3735f-t2987975/page6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Ah, that was it. Thanks very much, I'm not very good with computers.

**That wasn't it**
    I actually drove 300 miles to fix a customers dead computer. I called in advance to check for switch etc. All was ok so had to drive there, only to find out that the wrong mains lead was plugged in.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

Have people brought them back to a Meteor store or do I have
    to post ?

I took mine to a shop and they exchanged it no problem. Maybe ring first and check they have stock.

I took mine to a shop and they exchanged it no problem. Maybe ring first and check they have stock.

That would have been a good idea !
    Brought it in to Henry Street and they sent it off for repair.

5-10 days they say.

They're not selling them on the website any more btw.

That would have been a good idea !
    Brought it in to Henry Street and they sent it off for repair.

5-10 days they say.

They're not selling them on the website any more btw.

Got it back unfixed. Now Meteor are saying I have to send it back to the manufacturer myself as their repair company FonFix don't fix them.

Got it back unfixed. Now Meteor are saying I have to send it back to the manufacturer myself as their repair company FonFix don't fix them.

repair replace refund, their choice unfortunately. They probably cant replace and you don't want a refund.

sweetie wrote: »
    repair replace refund, their choice unfortunately. They probably cant replace and you don't want a refund.

I wasn't offered a refund - that's the thing

• Advertisement

I wasn't offered a refund - that's the thing

you can request one, they have to do one of the three Rs

sweetie wrote: »
    you can request one, they have to do one of the three Rs

Sellers choice though, not buyers choice.

unkel wrote:
    Sellers choice though, not buyers choice.

yes but they aren't doing anything at all, just giving it back to him to sort

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Ao

Cex (omni) still giving €46 cash or €57 store credit for the phone. I brought mine in yesterday.

Advertisement