Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Airplay from iMac

• 26-01-2015 3:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

I have a Mid 2009 iMac and bought an Apple TV recently. As my iMac is an older model it doesn't have the option to Airplay to the Apple TV (apart from Airplay via iTunes). Is there any way of using Airplay to play other content outside of iTunes?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Stephen P wrote: »
    I have a Mid 2009 iMac and bought an Apple TV recently. As my iMac is an older model it doesn't have the option to Airplay to the Apple TV (apart from Airplay via iTunes). Is there any way of using Airplay to play other content outside of iTunes?

Not quite streaming but you can hook up the Mac to the TV via a HDMI cable to the AV port. You'll need an adapter though (and make sure you get one that includes audio as well as video). They cost around €30 or so if my memory serves me right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

Not quite streaming but you can hook up the Mac to the TV via a HDMI cable to the AV port. You'll need an adapter though (and make sure you get one that includes audio as well as video). They cost around €30 or so if my memory serves me right.

I was hoping to avoid cables altogether. The Mac is in a different room so wouldn't really be practicable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Stephen P wrote: »
    I was hoping to avoid cables altogether. The Mac is in a different room so wouldn't really be practicable.

Oh ok. If there is a solution, I wouldn't mind hearing it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭curly.bert

AirParrot might be your solution

http://www.airsquirrels.com/airparrot/

curly.bert wrote: »
    AirParrot might be your solution

http://www.airsquirrels.com/airparrot/

Thanks, I heard about that one. I'll give it a trial to see if it's any use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭MadDogGreener

Definitetly check out beamerapp as well. I've found rock it solid. Use it all the time, unlike the "built in" airplay in OSX.

Play, pause and ffw/rrw work from the apple tv remote which is very useful.

Definitetly check out beamerapp as well. I've found rock it solid. Use it all the time, unlike the "built in" airplay in OSX.

Play, pause and ffw/rrw work from the apple tv remote which is very useful.

Thanks, I'll check out the free trial.

Advertisement