Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advert clipping site: "Boards needs this to survive".

Options
  • 26-01-2015 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is intentional (just to note I have no ad-blocker).

As per the picture below, this advert appears to clip through the site on Chrome version 40.0.2214.91 m at least.

http://postimg.org/image/w4vghhdf1

Edit: Excuse the ads, I just went for the first image hosting website I could find : /

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Similar problem here using Firefox 35. I have ABP but boards.ie is on the exception list.

336529.png

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi guys, thanks for reporting this. We've paused the ads for now so you shouldn't be seeing them any more.
    They seem to be causing an issue on Firefox so we're waiting for a fix for this - it's a bug on their end not ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

adblock-edge seems grand

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-edge/

Ads off

0kvay.jpg

Ads on

rqwje.jpg

Sorry for the delay getting back to you on this.

Can you tell us if you were experiencing this problem consistently, and if not how frequently it occured e.g. 1 in 10 page views or 1 in 100? Also do you have any other browser extensions installed?

Thanks.

Sorry for the delay getting back to you on this.

Can you tell us if you were experiencing this problem consistently, and if not how frequently it occured e.g. 1 in 10 page views or 1 in 100? Also do you have any other browser extensions installed?

Thanks.

I have not seen the problem over the last few days. The last time I seen it was only a few hours or less after my post on the 26th.

• Advertisement

Ok and was that the only time you saw it that day/during that browsing session?

Ok and was that the only time you saw it that day/during that browsing session?

I think I seen it a few times that day and on one of two days before that. My memory of it is not the best though.

Ok, thanks for getting back to me. I will pass on the info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Hi, not seen this appear since. Though I've updated chrome to version 40.0.2214.93m from 40.0.2214.91m.

At the time I was getting it with every 2 or 3 pages.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement