Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roman Reigns Mega (push) Thread! *SPOILERS*

1235»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I'm guessing he doesn't consider them shoting it at him at Wrestlemania to his face so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

Has there been any evidence that Reigns actually enjoys anything about wrestling asides from the money? Even in interviews he tends to go on about how he's gonna do what they tell him to do and cash the cheques rather than anything at all about the artform. It's surely a bit weird for someone raised in it all, no? I mean, even Brock seems as though he genuinely enjoys some aspects of it a hell of a lot.

Another thing, and I'm not sure whether it's just that he's being seriously over rehearsed or what, but does the guy seem to have a serious lack of charisma beyond his look that's becoming more and more apparent as he gets used to giving interviews?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Has there been any evidence that Reigns actually enjoys anything about wrestling asides from the money? Even in interviews he tends to go on about how he's gonna do what they tell him to do and cash the cheques rather than anything at all about the artform. It's surely a bit weird for someone raised in it all, no? I mean, even Brock seems as though he genuinely enjoys some aspects of it a hell of a lot.

I remember seeing Scott Hall on BBC’s Live and Kicking once. Some kid asked him why he wasn't called Razor anymore. After explaining, he added “The cheques always said Scott Hall though”.
    It struck me at the time as an unnecessary comment to say to a child, but despite his flaws I don’t think anyone would doubt Hall’s love for the business.
    I’ve also read several comments by wrestlers saying they felt short changed by Vince at times or moved elsewhere for a better offer.
    So maybe you’re reading a bit too much in Reigns’ comments but even if you're right, is treating the business as "just a job" a recipe for failure? Goldberg would say no I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Another thing, and I'm not sure whether it's just that he's being seriously over rehearsed or what, but does the guy seem to have a serious lack of charisma beyond his look that's becoming more and more apparent as he gets used to giving interviews?

He looked like an unsure child approaching Brock in the ring on Monday.

There was nothing.

I'm starting to think ALL he has is his look and some athleticism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

SlickRic wrote: »
    He looked like an unsure child approaching Brock in the ring on Monday.

There was nothing.

I'm starting to think ALL he has is his look and some athleticism.

I don't even understand the love for his look to be honest. He looks a bit smarmy and greasy to me. That's why he reminds me of Nash so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Jon Stark wrote: »
    I don't even understand the love for his look to be honest. He looks a bit smarmy and greasy to me. That's why he reminds me of Nash so much.

He is a very good looking guy I think, you can see why the ladies all go gaga over him. However yeah he doesn't have any other outstanding attributes as of yet.

You look at Cena, he is maligned as anyone but in nearly everything Cena excels him hugely, charisma, mic ability, workrate and all round likeability.

D-FENS wrote: »
    I remember seeing Scott Hall on BBC’s Live and Kicking once. Some kid asked him why he wasn't called Razor anymore. After explaining, he added “The cheques always said Scott Hall though”.
    It struck me at the time as an unnecessary comment to say to a child, but despite his flaws I don’t think anyone would doubt Hall’s love for the business.
    I’ve also read several comments by wrestlers saying they felt short changed by Vince at times or moved elsewhere for a better offer.
    So maybe you’re reading a bit too much in Reigns’ comments but even if you're right, is treating the business as "just a job" a recipe for failure? Goldberg would say no I think.
    Definitely not saying money isn't the most important factor, the whole "I'm supporting a family" thing is completely fine, it's just weird that I've never read anything about his love of wrestling that you get from most everyone, or any level of enthusiasm regarding developing his ring work. I dunno if a person like Scott Hall at the height of NWO-era too-cool-for-school arrogance is someone they'd be wanting Reigns to be comparable to btw (and I think he had other things on his mind than the business for that span tbh).

Goldberg (1) wasn't a Cena or Hogan type guy as they are hoping Reigns can be, he had a much more clearcut gimmick that was not sustainable and (2) wasn't doing tons of interviews about how he's gonna do what he's told and rake in the money

Is Reigns perhaps losing something by being such a typically attractive man? I mean, sure it's going to get women cheering and whatever, but he might just have one of those faces that you can't get any kind of decent reactions out of.
    Cena sure as hell isn't as good looking of a guy, let alone Hogan and Austin. Rock's looks and all pretty much made him a heel first and it was his charisma that turned him.
    Dunno about looking like a lost child, to me it's more like he doesn't even realise there's an art to the whole thing, it's fascinating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

You know watching Reigns lately, he's lost all confidence.

He's not stamping his presence on segments, matches or promos.

He's just kind of there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I think fans would be disappointed to find that most just see it as a job. It's the thing in their lives that they happen to be good at and, while they get into it starry-eyed and passion-filled, professional reality sets in at a certain stage. Work is work, whether you're doing what you love or not. Some no doubt love coming into work every day, some don't. The morale for the job in the WWE locker room is likely no higher or lower than the average office job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Jon Stark wrote: »

Ronda can't help going weak at the knees for Roman

http://www.si.com/mma/video/2015/03/26/rousey-reigns-wrestlemania-interview

And

The era of Roman,:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Probably knows that it winds up the type of people that criticise him tbh which it clearly does

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Does anyone on here genuinely believe that Roman deserves the spot he's in, or is he your favourite?

IF so, why? genuinely interested to find out

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

"Deserve" is such a loaded term when it comes to wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

how is he main eventing mania this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

how is he main eventing mania this year

Reigns won the Royal Rumble, then beat Daniel Bryan @ FastLane to hold onto his Wrestlemania main event spot.... That's how Roman is main eventing Wrestlemania 31

Three of the all time greats:
    CBH1hizVEAECUTy.jpg

I'd love if someone collected the promotional interviews of Cena and Batista for WM 21 to compare them to Reigns here. I was never his biggest supporter but my opinion of him has been collapsing altogether since Monday, there's something about him where he just seems completely lost. Were they anywhere near as vapid as Reigns has been on this promotional run?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Kenny Bolin would fit in Cena's suit.

Reigns is a flop. Has nothing, never had and he'll likely be finished in a few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,978 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is that the Regins Trian in the picture.

There really is a whole Lex Luger Lex Express over kill push about this.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Fingers crossed the train derails on Sunday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Ridley

Having seen WM10 t'other day: Reigns can definitely have Lesnar beat but Rollins interferes then Bryan gets a shot at the end of the night where Lesnar loses when he slips on a UFC contract into a roll up. At no point will the commentary make a thing about both of them having wrestled twice.

Advertisement