Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balinteer Road - Changes coming..

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

He thinks traffic isn't too bad in that area, not much else to be said really.

He thinks that many of the complaints are exaggerated, and that if you choose to drive to a major attraction at peak times, some delays are inevitable. It makes no sense to invest in huge infrastructure to avoid some minimal peak time delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

so this may be a slightly old thread but it covers what I am posting about.....

is the work starting on the wesley roundabout (as outlined in this thread)? I see big signs up about work but have not had the time to read the whole sign fully, what does it say? and does anyone know exactly what they are doing? are they still going ahead with the horrible plan to have just a third filter lane to turn right at a set of lights for those wishing to go towards ballinteer (when coming up from dundrum)?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 xaforb

so this may be a slightly old thread but it covers what I am posting about.....

is the work starting on the wesley roundabout (as outlined in this thread)? I see big signs up about work but have not had the time to read the whole sign fully, what does it say? and does anyone know exactly what they are doing? are they still going ahead with the horrible plan to have just a third filter lane to turn right at a set of lights for those wishing to go towards ballinteer (when coming up from dundrum)?
    Don't know what sign says but all this week there is resurfacing going on at the M50 J13 roundabout at the Southern end of Ballinteer Road from 21.00 to 06.00 and the road is closed.
    http://m50concession.com/operation-maintenance/planned-road-works/

I could find nothing on the dlrcoco website.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Should be a two la e road to and from m50 roundabout.

Shocking how they put in those cement islands which only slows emergency vehicles down and really holds them up.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

You think that's bad, I can remember getting off one 48A bus stuck on Ballinteer Ave and skipping two more in traffic to get the third one just before the roundabout into Dundrum. That road has always had horrendous traffic and is seemingly completely ignored by the planners .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Tabnabs wrote: »
    You think that's bad, I can remember getting off one 48A bus stuck on Ballinteer Ave and skipping two more in traffic to get the third one just before the roundabout into Dundrum. That road has always had horrendous traffic and is seemingly completely ignored by the planners .

There’s not much scope for improving Ballinteer Avenue short of massive CPO activity.

The real issue was locating the shopping centre where it is and not providing a full dual carriageway access to/from the M50.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 xaforb

Shocking how they put in those cement islands which only slows emergency vehicles down and really holds them up.
    If you read the full thread you will discover that the islands and everything else that was put in there was to prevent the selfish cretins coming off and going to the M50 at 80kph or better from slaughtering the local residents trying to lawfully exit/enter their estates but I'm sure you are not one of them :).

Mind you, the selfish cretins have been slowed down but they're still as selfish as they always were.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

xaforb wrote: »
    If you read the full thread you will discover that the islands and everything else that was put in there was to prevent the selfish cretins coming off and going to the M50 at 80kph or better from slaughtering the local residents trying to lawfully exit/enter their estates but I'm sure you are not one of them :).

Mind you, the selfish cretins have been slowed down but they're still as selfish as they always were.

Fully aware as from around there.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

xaforb wrote: »
    Don't know what sign says but all this week there is resurfacing going on at the M50 J13 roundabout at the Southern end of Ballinteer Road from 21.00 to 06.00 and the road is closed.
    http://m50concession.com/operation-maintenance/planned-road-works/

I could find nothing on the dlrcoco website.

Ah,i see,so hard to read those signs while driving past them. I had looked on dlrcoco too and couldnt see anything either, they are usually good at publishing road closures.

We will live with our awful wesley roundabout for another while so!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Road surface around the large roadabout has been dug up, so careful when driving around it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement