Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw 26/01/2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Don't worry lads, Roman's gonna fight the storm off all by himself and save Raw!

336545.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,977 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well he won't have his cousin to help tonight if RAW goes ahead he is already back in Miami.

https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/559640942974488576

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Mokuba wrote: »
    Why's that?

If you don't like something don't waste time or money watching it but its kinda what always happens. Wrestling fans will say they cancelled the Network but be buzzing around Mania.
    Wasn't the rumble the worst thing ever based on the incessant moaning

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Well he won't have his cousin to help tonight if RAW goes ahead he is already back in Miami.

https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/559640942974488576

Maybe he realized even he couldn't stop the booing :P

Die Rocky Roman Die chants.

But I don't think Roman has even 10% of The Rock's charisma to save this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Die Roman Die chants.

no that's German
    for 'The Roman The'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

no that's German
    for 'The Roman The'

No one who speaks German could be evil!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭briany

Die Rocky Roman Die chants.

But I don't think Roman has even 10% of The Rock's charisma to save this.

Unless he has a reservoir of untapped promo skills, but even if he did would he be allowed to use them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

B8TC_JrCIAEhxl2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Pentecost wrote: »
    The wrestl..Superstars sorry..are probably all there and the cameras etc. Just won't be any fans!

BwoiQZJIQAAoJlS.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Haha pretty ironic that this thread is almost double the size of most raw threads before raw even starts, and there's no actual episode on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I've a feeling it didnt take Vince much convincing to cancel Raw tonight.

Trying to find a way to spend my Monday night/Tuesday morning now that Raw is cancelled. Might try a spot of basket weaving.

They should do an empty arena match for the craic.

They should do an empty arena match for the craic.

I can actually picture Dean Ambrose chanting for himself during that match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I feel sorry for Reigns. Before the injury he was probably getting some where. Since coming back he has not been pushed in any kind of constructive way and then the way they did last night (with the Rock) they have just crapped on his career for the imediate future. I actually like him

Got an alert from the app. Raw will turn into a live Smackdown this Thursday! Not too bad! Smackdown officially cancelled in Boston, but will take place live on Thursday evening from Hartford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,870 ✭✭✭Pentecost

WWE Twitter says the live event is cancelled but Raw will still air live tonight at the usual time.

B8QNOgCIcAAQuAz.jpg:large

Are the NXT guys down in Florida?

Maybe we could have a live 3 hour RAW/NXT intercut with live from WWE HQ segments.

Wishfull thinking really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭tdonegan1990

Pentecost wrote: »
    WWE Twitter says the live event is cancelled but Raw will still air live tonight at the usual time.

Anymore info on this?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Anymore info on this?

It's a live studio show from wwe HQ. Expect lots of interviews, archive clips and what not.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

3 hours of Renee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,364 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Are the NXT guys down in Florida?

Maybe we could have a live 3 hour RAW/NXT intercut with live from WWE HQ segments.

Wishfull thinking really.

We can get to see the NXT version of a Rumble where I'm sure people will be happy with whoever wins. Even get the women involved sure.

If only they hadn't brought back Rowan, Ziggler and Ryback, then they could have purchased tickets to be at tonight's show to give them an audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Will Sky be showing whatever this turns into?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,870 ✭✭✭Pentecost

DM_7 wrote: »
    3 hours of Renee?

I'd watch it. For a while.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

veganrun wrote: »
    Will Sky be showing whatever this turns into?

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Zack Ryder could be in luck and get on RAWs main event

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

martyos121 wrote: »
    Got an alert from the app. Raw will turn into a live Smackdown this Thursday! Not too bad! Smackdown officially cancelled in Boston, but will take place live on Thursday evening from Hartford.

Oh really :pac: But yet...
    Loughc wrote: »
    How can they show it live tomorrow night? The USA isn't giving them a 3 hours slot on a Monday and Tuesday night at such short notice.

The PPV could be rescheduled as it was carried on a PPV provider and not a cable network channel. If Raw doesn't go ahead tonight it's not going ahead at all this week. Period.

&
    Whosthis wrote: »
    I dont know what the :pac: is for but if you believe they can reschedule this for tomorrow, in another city, and broadcast it live then you have no idea what you're talking about.

So Raw gets rescheduled. Gets moved to another city and will be shown live... this week too. I guess I "don't know what I am talking about" and you can add a "period" to that ;) Oh and ... :pac:

&

So Raw gets rescheduled. Gets moved to another city and will be shown live... this week too. I guess I "don't know what I am talking about" and you can add a "period" to that ;) Oh and ... :pac:

It's actually being billed as a Smackdown live special not Raw. Mate. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Raw will be on SyFy, during Smackdowns slot and in the XL Centre where it was supposed to be held tonight.

Smackdown in boston is cancelled.

It'll be billed as a joint branded show. Featuring both Raw and Smackdown wrestlers. Watch the show later tonight and you'll see.
    Split hairs all you want :)

There's no brand split anymore?!? What are you talking about!

The same wrestlers appear on raw and smackdown.

There's no brand split anymore?!? What are you talking about!

Opps, meant to edit my message there.
    accidentally deleted it urgh.... But meant two shows in one. You know, raw and smackdown for one week being one show. A supershow.

Opps, meant to edit my message there.
    accidentally deleted it urgh.... But meant two shows in one. You know, raw and smackdown for one week being one show. A supershow.

No need to worry about the accidental delete I quoted your original post anyway. Anyway I don't see it being a supershow i think it will be billed as a Live Smackdown special and as it will air in Smackdown's slot.

:)

No need to worry about the accidental delete I quoted your original post anyway. Anyway I don't see it being a supershow i think it will be billed as a Live Smackdown special and as it will air in Smackdown's slot.

:)
    Special?
    So you agree that it will be a 'supershow' .... dude you split so many hairs.

I just mean it's special as in its live and not taped. But let's just agree to disagree and leave it be as we have a better chance getting Reigns over last night as we do agreeing :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

&

Firstly its a Smackdown live event thats broadcasting on Thursday not RAW. They already had their production in place or en route, tickets sold for the venue, the TV time slot in place. They just needed the venue to be vacant on Thursday. :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Come on lads. There's pedantic and there's this.

Whosthis wrote: »
    Firstly its a Smackdown live event thats broadcasting on Thursday not RAW. They already had their production in place or en route, tickets sold for the venue, the TV time slot in place. They just needed the venue to be vacant on Thursday. :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

ehhhhh yeah.
    CSF wrote: »
    Come on lads. There's pedantic and there's this.

You're right.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

So, who's staying up for this tonight? :pac:

An File wrote: »
    So, who's staying up for this tonight? :pac:

I really hope it turns out to be a 3 hour in depth look at Roman reigns. :P

I really hope it turns out to be a 3 hour in depth look at Roman reigns. :P

Not forgetting it'll be intercut with "proof" that Daniel Bryan hates old people, children and dogs

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Not forgetting it'll be intercut with "proof" that Daniel Bryan hates old people, children and dogs

In an update on the WWE app it has been revealed that Daniel Bryan was the one who murdered Jeff Hardys dog and not Matt Hardy.

Another revelation occurred on the WWE network during an in-depth interview with Snitsky we learned that it is in fact "Daniel Bryan's fault"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

In an update on the WWE app it has been revealed that Daniel Bryan was the one who murdered Jeff Hardys dog and not Matt Hardy.

Another revelation occurred on the WWE network during an in-depth interview with Snitsky we learned that it is in fact "Daniel Bryan's fault"

''It was Bryan, Austin... it was Bryan all along!''

Aw son of a b*tch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

CastorTroy wrote: »

Rock-Bottom.png

"Mr. Bryan, your silence will only incriminate you further. No, Mr Bryan, don't take your anger out on me! Noooo!"

Dramatization: May not have happened.

• Advertisement

people could be disappointed when they think there's gonna be an appearance from Piper

29b5a-rowdyroddypeeper.png?w=320&h=244

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

RTE News with Aengus MacGrianna 3 hours:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/559862075913424898

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

According to the App tonight on...whatever they're calling this airing Roman Reigns and Lensar (with Heyman) will come face to face. Reigns will address his win and the reaction and "courtesy of the WWE network" the Triple Threat and the Rumble match will be given away for free on TV.

I expect the Rumble to be sweetened to fcuk!

Edit: this is quite the fcuk you to the paying customers! I mean you're giving your main event/MOTY candidate away for free?! If I'd paid $55 for a PPV and they're showing both main events and having watched the sh!tstorm of a rumble match, I'd be incredibly annoyed!

Can imagine the Rumble being edited to include Reigns' eliminations from last year so it looks like he did something.

• Advertisement
Advertisement