Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 26/01/2015

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

What exactly are ye watching with reigns and heyman? I thought raw was cancelled..

The live arena show was cancelled, but they put together a show from the studio at WWE HQ in Connecticut. Royal Rumble highlights, "analysis" and interviews.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The stuff of note from Raw:

And the money angle:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

rovert wrote: »
    The stuff of note from Raw:

Heyman was simply superb in that segment.. The dismissive attitude was brilliant. I've been realy impressed wth Rollins on the mic these last few weeks and his ability in the ring is exceptional. I wonder will bubba stick around for a
    Bit. Didn't see any of tna, but perhaps he could work as a main event heel like he did there

Do you really need to quote ALL the videos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Do you really need to quote ALL the videos?

Do you really need to be so pedantic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Heyman once again the star of Raw, and when Lesnar and Reigns stood face to face, it became even more unbelievable what will happen.

and poor Rusev, what has he done to deserve getting saddled with Cena, it took Wyatt nearly 6 months to come back from Cena at mania, Rusev must be dreading it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Heyman once again the star of Raw, and when Lesnar and Reigns stood face to face, it became even more unbelievable what will happen.

and poor Rusev, what has he done to deserve getting saddled with Cena, it took Wyatt nearly 6 months to come back from Cena at mania, Rusev must be dreading it.

I doubt Rusev minds have a wrestlemania match with the biggest guy in the company. I'm afraid Wyatt just isn't very good or appealing. He was a novelty for about 5 minutes now the majority just snooze through his promos and matches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Tugboats wrote: »
    I doubt Rusev minds have a wrestlemania match with the biggest guy in the company

Im sure money wise, he's delighted, but career wise, We'll see afterwards what happens to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

And the money angle:

All jokes aside where would they be without Paul Heyman, That certainly sold the match to me , The issues as many have said weren't to do with Reigns winning anyway

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If anything is to be salvaged from Reigns/Brock, it's going to be Heyman who has to do the heavy lifting. He's the one who'll have to give the fans a reason to get behind Reigns, cause it seems they will be taking the "haters gonna hate" attitude that still sees Cena being booed all these years later. That said, Heyman also has to make sure he doesn't completely destroy Reigns and utterly expose Reigns' lack of ability to respond....which, I imagine, is like asking the summer sun not to make an ice cube melt....

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Maybe they can do some hilarious comedy skits where Reigns bullys Heyman and pours water on him and stuff!

For 2 months...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

On the Network replay they removed references to Lesnar cracking his rib.

No they didn't. I watched it yesterday morning on the network and they mentioned it

An File wrote: »
    Looks like they left Titus O'Neill's botch out of tonight's edit of the show.

What he do?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What he do?

Climbed into the ring, Ambrose and Reigns went for a quick clothsline, he ****ed up and didn't go over the ropes and his 1 second elimination took 4 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

gvk7p.jpg

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Climbed into the ring, Ambrose and Reigns went for a quick clothsline, he ****ed up and didn't go over the ropes and his 1 second elimination took 4 seconds.

Ah I remember now! I was hyped up on cough medicine yesterday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Casket match makes no sense, has to be good ole' tripper's having a laugh about burying Daniel Bryan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Any chance the Casket match on a live Smackdown will have the Undertaker appear.

It would be a good time to start to build him up to WM as we are now on the road to WrestleMania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Any chance the Casket match on a live Smackdown will have the Undertaker appear.

Taker to make the save and drop a line about how only he is qualified to be burying anyone. :pac:

• Advertisement

Taker to make the save and drop a line about how only he is qualified to be burying anyone. :pac:

Ironic that he has lost every Buried Alive match he's ever been in :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Seth being Seth.

tumblr_nitf1yY6qe1tjphx8o4_500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

it just astounds me that we won't be getting Brock v Bryan.

it writes itself for this year's Mania.

Just like Triple H in 2002, and just like Austin for WM X7. so Vince knows it works. it's literally just his fetish for good looking, tall, muscle-bound guys that stopping him doing what he'd always have done.

so sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Ironic that he has lost every Buried Alive match he's ever been in :eek:

Makes you wonder...

How did he get into the funeral business? Was it like "collect 10 crisp packets and become an undertaker?" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought the segment with Reigns, Brock and Heyman was tremendous. Then again, when you've got one of the greatest talkers in history coupled with one of the most menacing, badass monsters in history (a guy who can just sit there motionless and yet seem scary as hell) it's hard for it not to work. I thought Reigns held up his end well. This is all the guy needed to be from the start. No stupid, goofy nonsense. Just serious and focused.

As much as Heyman will do what he can to get this over, I'd still be worried about the Mania fans crapping all over it. I recall Goldberg vs Lesnar had a pretty good build to it also before it leaked out that both were leaving.

Only way I can see this being salvaged successfully as a one-on-one contest is if they can get Brock to stay on for another month and publicise beforehand that Brock had signed a contract extension. Then you plant a seed of doubt about the outcome.

If they can't get that then I think at the very least Rollins has to be inserted into it via the MITB contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

gvk7p.jpg

Surely Tits O'Neill will be soon released?

OMG Taz, what's Neil O'Titus doing in the Impact Zone?

gerrybbadd wrote: »

OMG Taz, what's Neil O'Titus doing in the Impact Zone?

His arse is huge aswell. As in, outrageously big for a male. Almost like a separate entity to the rest of his body. A genuinely scary looking lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

The sound gate on the last segment made it a bit hard to get into I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Funny, if you had more segments like that, people would not have crapped on Reigns half as much as they did.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    His arse is huge aswell. As in, outrageously big for a male. Almost like a separate entity to the rest of his body.

Bringing a whole new meaning to TNA wrestling... :pac:

Advertisement