Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 26/01/2015

123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

So what did they actually do last night in the end seeing the Raw show was cancelled?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

veganrun wrote: »
    So what did they actually do last night in the end seeing the Raw show was cancelled?

they did their biggest boards rating in ages with almost 200 posts, should cancel the show more often.

AKA they did some taped segments from WWE HQ and also replayed the rumble match and title match from the night before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just watched Raw there. Really surprised by Roman's interview. Not only did he do quite well in it, they also seemed to break the fourth wall quite a bit. Plenty of mentions of him being "hand picked for success" by the top brass. Would love to see more of this type of thing, since most fans know what's really going on, and not what we're being fed. They need to tone down the kayfabe in this day and age, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

I disagree, I think it's a very slippery slope when you start doing too much of that, it can all end up a bit WCW very quickly.

It should be alluded to, sparingly, in very specific circumstances imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Palo Alto wrote: »
    I disagree, I think it's a very slippery slope when you start doing too much of that, it can all end up a bit WCW very quickly.

Fair point, but with social media kayfabe is all but dead today.

It's why guys like Ambrose who try so hard(and mostly succeed) at keeping the illusion are so appealing. They are a dying breed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Palo Alto wrote: »

Fair enough, that's a valid opinion, but I just think in this day and age, they need to at least crack the 4th wall, ever so slightly, but never fully break it. Many pro-wrestling fans are going to the Internet these days to read who's going to feud with who, who's being pushed, who's being buried, that sort of thing. WWE aren't fools, they realise this. I just think they could drop the illusion every now and again to change things up a bit. It's either that, or keep the big surprises well under wraps. It's all too predictable nowadays.

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

Did anyone else see an ad for a Wrestlemania 30 Behind the Scenes documentary that went out the night of the Royal Rumble.
    It was meant to air after Raw last night I thought but I could be raving.

Any more info ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Did anyone else see an ad for a Wrestlemania 30 Behind the Scenes documentary that went out the night of the Royal Rumble.

Any more info ?.

Its called WWE 24 and its on the network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

So if there was a travel ban, where did Cole etc stay? Did they sleep on the floor? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Oh if only Reigns was booked like that from the start. More than held his own last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

After listening to the Reigns interview there.
    Reminds me of Rocky Maivia, you know the goodie goodie family boy who works hard etc.
    His dominance is gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Maybe this will all be good for Reigns like he said himself he's ben thrown in at the deep end , Lets see if he can swim in the next few months

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Maybe this will all be good for Reigns like he said himself he's ben thrown in at the deep end , Lets see if he can swim in the next few months

Nothing against Reigns but I'd give anything for the crowd to start literally turning their backs to him.

It'll never happen but booing means nothing it's so easy for them to cover up booing and for the commentators to brush it aside but seeing the crowd with their backs turned would be impossible to brush off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

veganrun wrote: »
    So if there was a travel ban, where did Cole etc stay? Did they sleep on the floor? :)

I actually thought about this myself.
    I reckon Cole and crew slept on the coaches. But hey who knows, could be a hotel 5 minutes down the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Once the booing started the Rock should have called it in the ring to turn him heel.

Having him spear the Rock and use those boo's in his favor as he goes into WM as a heel to Lesnar's babyface.

Then the WWE have two months to build him as a non talking monster heel who destroys everyone infront of him.

The Rock can could have taken the blame back stage as he is untouchable and I don't Vince wouldn't have punished Reigns for it as he needs the Hollywood Rock for mainstream publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Any more info ?.

Just watched it there.. It was pretty good, I love all that behind the scenes stuff

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

Just watched it there.. It was pretty good, I love all that behind the scenes stuff

Wasn't bad, the Warrior stuff was good & sad at the same time.
    Great seeing Rock & SCSA rib the Hulkster backstage.
    Pity there was no more on the Taker aftermath than we see in the trailer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

They should do a show like that more often.

The stuff with Heyman, Brock and Reings was really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

It's pretty cost effective and can be scripted to perfection, it really is a wonder they don't do it more often - even just for the main event stuff.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Deadlie wrote: »
    It's pretty cost effective and can be scripted to perfection, it really is a wonder they don't do it more often - even just for the main event stuff.

Especially with having the Network they should do shows similar to UFC with Countdown to UFC 183, or one hundred and whatever. It'll add another incentive to buy the network and add much needed depth and personality to feuds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Once the booing started the Rock should have called it in the ring to turn him heel.

Having him spear the Rock and use those boo's in his favor as he goes into WM as a heel to Lesnar's babyface.

Then the WWE have two months to build him as a non talking monster heel who destroys everyone infront of him.

Thing is all the smart marks will instantly start loving him them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Biggest issue I had with the interviews is they all but spelled out Reigns is being pushed because of his bloodline and nothing else.

He came across as a right smug prat too. Which of course may have been the intention. You could hear him being fed lines too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Biggest issue I had with the interviews is they all but spelled out Reigns is being pushed because of his bloodline and nothing else.

He came across as a right smug prat too. Which of course may have been the intention. You could hear him being fed lines too.

Wade Keller said as much on Austin's post Rumble podcast.

Advertisement