Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tigrent course Brick Buy Brick

Options
  • 26-01-2015 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,
    I attended a property investment course in Dublin two weeks ago ran by a company called Tigrent learning. the title was "Brick Buy Brick".

I'm just wondering if anyone else has experience with these guys?

Did anyone else sign up for teh second course they offered? It all seemed a bit dodgy to me....

Here's a short blog on my experience...

Have you ever heard of the Rich Dad Poor Dad books? They're good but just have one basic message; try and invest in things that generate cash flow, namely rental properties.

I saw a talk that was endorsed by the author coming to Dublin. It was a two hour free talk in a hotel near Rathmines on Saturday morning (jan 17th) so I figured id go for a look. I turned up along with about 100 others. A guy talked for about two hours all about the property market and how he made loads of money investing in it, he kept going on about how now is the time to invest in the Irish market. In fairness I work in the Construction Industry and a lot of what he said over the first 90 mins was useful and logical.

He reckons close to 80% of people under 25 will rent for their whole lives. He said that in the UK since 1998 the average age of the first time buyer has jumped from 27 to 35 meaning they will rent for at least 8 more years. I thought that was interesting.

He also talked about the Harvard goal setting research from 1979, ( Google Forbes,

Harvard goal setting research, 1979) which was really interesting too.

What I found a bit unnerving was how multiple times he was shouting things like " this is the time to invest" and "the time is now" and "the Irish market is the perfect storm for investment"
    So 90 mins into what was advertised as a two hour talk he says "we all know you came here expecting some sort of sales pitch" "im going to tell you briefly about what we're offering and let you decide. "
    He talked about a three day intensive course in property investment. Ten hours a day 09.00 to 19.00.
    Cost €997.
    So again he goes on about how this is a great opportunity and how if you want to change your life you have to take action.
    He holds up a usb with he says "this usb stick has €100 worth of property investment books on it" he shouted "sometimes you have to just grab the opportunities in front of you". A member of the crowd ran out and snatched it from his hand delighted with herself.

The speaker looked happy holding up another one saying "and some people say opportunity never strikes twice!!" This time about 7 people run from the crowd to snatch the one usb.
    You could feel the atmosphere in the room changing. He shouted " and sometimes the best opportunities in life aren't in front of you, they're behind you!!"
    About 10 people jump out of their chairs and turn to sprint to a guy down the back who was holding up a third usb. (I was sitting at the side) he nearly got knocked over. So the main guy says the sales pitch is over and introduces another guy who in the four years since he did this course is now supposedly raking the cash in.

By now the two hours is well over but the presenter is back to remind up that the course works out at €2.73 a day over a year. He flashes up a white slide with only €2.73 on it in large black lettering.

The sales pitch continues with various offers and reminders that "the time is now!" Interspersed with him re-showing the €2.73 slide, by now we're two hours 20 mins in, he tells the crowd that the first 6 people to sign up at the back of the room get to bring someone for free. (Essentially half price) the crowd goes mad for it, nearly shoving each other out of the way to get down to sign up. At this point I got up and left.

I'm pretty sure I was the first one to leave the room. I was absolutely amazed how the crowd was whipped into such a frenzy, I can only conclude a few of them were stooges. It was fun just to see anyway!

I did some research after. It seems the guy who wrote the books is now trying to distance himself from the company running the courses. It also seems the €997 course is pretty much 3 days of brainwashing you to either hiring an investment coach ( at a nominal fee and helpfully provided by them!) and / or an even more in depth course costing €10,000.
    All this was american experiences, I'm wondering does anyone in Ireland have any knowledge of them?

Like I said a good experience but amazing to see how easily people can get swept up by a mob!

I probably didn't explain it very well but it was all a bit manipulative!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 browntown82

Hi I was also at the seminar and was enjoying it until the sales pitch started..I might have signed up for the 3 days course on last weekend but I had a wedding.

I'm just wondering is there any Irish based property groups or mentors? I can find plenty in England but none in Ireland .

I have 3 properties and I'm looking to buy more but I'm really struggling to find a bank to loan money..I only have 1 mortgage and have 400g in equaty but can only use it to renovate the properties I have and not to invest..

I have only seen bad things about the rich dad courses online but it seems like the only option over here?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Business forum is over there http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=855

read the stickies before posting

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement