Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue pointing .ie domains to hostgator

Options
  • 26-01-2015 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All,

I was hopeing someone would be able to give me some advice on an issue i'm having.

Basically i have a hostgator hosting account and have recently bought the .ie of my .com domain through IrishDomains.com
    When i change the nameservers to my hostgator ones it throws an error

"Update of name servers for domain *******.ie failed: Unable to update nameservers . Response: (2102) Parameter value policy error. Empty NS list found for zone *******.ie. from ns*****.hostgator.com"

on the Irishdomains website there is an article in the knowledgebase "Unlike other top-level domains, .ie requires that the new name servers on a domain are validly configured for that domain prior to making the change.
    In practice, this means that the domain must be configured on the system that will host the domain *before* the name server change is submitted. If you receive this error, you should initially contact the company that will be providing hosting for the domain to verify that the domain is correctly configured and that *all* name servers are answering authoritatively for the domain and returning identical information. Once this is done, you can resubmit the change through the control panel."

I contacted hostgator who advised i need to contact Irishdomains for clarification as to what need s to be exactly done but on contacting them i received the following response:

"Unfortunately there is not much we can do on our side until HostGator configure that domain correctly on their name servers.

The test is done by the IE domain registry automatically at time of name server change.

Just checking here, we see that when we execute the command "dig NS **********.ie @ns*****.hostgator.com" there are no name server records returned (we would expect at least two NS records returned)."

I have no idea what this means and was wondering if anyone maybe has .ie domains on their hostgator maybe could advise if had an similar issues or if they understand what needs to be requested/done

many thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Mod: Thread closed due to boards.ie policy forbidding discussion of web hosting providers. Please contact the hosting provider/domain name provider for assistance. They should be able to assist you further.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement