Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maternity/ back to education/ lone parents

Options
  • 26-01-2015 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Just wondering if any students have any experience with switching from back to education to lone parents benefit? I'm due to have my first baby in june and am a mature student but also have a part time job. I went into the social welfare office today but they werent very forthcoming with information.
    I'm currently at risk of losing my home and just need to be aware of the payments I would receive as I need to organise my finances

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 AOIFERW

Go to Community welfare officer...there should be one in your local HSE centre. Clinics in mine are usually tues and thurs morns 10-12 am...so get there early! Ask them there how to proceed...also, they will give you a supplement payment while waiting for your lone parent to come through. Also, ask them about the maternity benefit...make sure you apply for this too! Don't be discouraged if you are turned away the first time! Good luck! :)

Forgot to add...if you are renting...HAP (housing assistance payment) new payment set up from certain county councils to assist in paying rent, but you'll have to be on a council list first! :)

Advertisement