Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home inspection for cat, what to expect

• 26-01-2015 9:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

I am looking to adopt a cat from a rescue and already paranoid about the home inspection. Anyone have any do's and don'ts?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Be honest; basically they want to see that you've planned for where to keep kitty, toilet etc. and advise you if the ideas might not work and why. Remember they want to place kitty with you so don't be afraid to ask them for their opinion or ask them to clarify why they recommend something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭TrishSimon

Dandelion6 wrote: »
    I am looking to adopt a cat from a rescue and already paranoid about the home inspection. Anyone have any do's and don'ts?

I do homecheck's for cats, dogs and equines for rescues including any animals I take in all they want to see is the property you are living in, where it will sleep, and just generally to get a feel for you. I always get people saying the house isn't the cleanest or tidiest and what I tell people is that I am not looking for a spotless house just one that is normal and not a sespit and which would not be suitable for any animal that we want to have a good quality of life and believe me I have seen some awful places.
    They also just want to have a chat with you to make sure you understand all the needs of a pet and what they need to eat, vet costs etc.. its really just to make sure you are genuine and are responsible enough to own a pet.
    I wouldn't worry if you are on here asking you obviously care.
    Best of luck !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Thanks so much for the encouraging words, you were both right!

Can't wait to bring home my cat. t09022.gif

Advertisement