Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slightly More Aggressive Razor

Options
  • 26-01-2015 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,
    Iv'e been using the Merker 34c for a few months now and I really like the feel of it,
    It gives a good shave and I'd say (IMO) it's better than the EJ89 I was using before.

The thing is I want a more aggressive razor but don't know what to get, I feel the two razors I have so far are very "smooth" or "safe"
    I have never cut myself with the DE's (after the first week) and I was going to stick with Merker as it just feels good in the hand if you know what I mean.
    I was all set for getting the Merker Progress but I was unsure and it was pointed out to me that once you find the right setting that suits you best you probably wont bother adjusting it any more and I don't like the look of that plastic on the handle.

My short list so far is :-

Merkur 37c HD Slant Bar @ €37.95

Merkur 15c Open Comb Razor @ €28.95

Merkur 25c Open Comb Safety Razor @ €29.95

I'd like to avoid buying more Razors than I need and don't want to start a collection just for the sake of it :rolleyes:
    so anyone uses one of these and can recommend one or anyone has any advice or suggestions please let me know,
    Not a great budget so nothing to fancy

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭skankles

Muhle R41

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

If it was me I'd go with the slant bar. Once you tame the beast, aggressive razors give additively close shaves. I have the Kronos ATT R2 at first it was too aggressive now I'm looking at getting the H2 or a R41 head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Just spotted you picked up a nice pair on the trading thread.

I reckon that new combination will help, especially the Progress.
    If you know what setting on the adjustable works for you its easy to google and see what is similar.

Advertisement