Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro dollar Parity?

Options
  • 26-01-2015 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Opinions on how low the euro will drop! (or rise)

After dropping to an all time low since 2003 the other day, the euro has risen 0.4% today to $1.13.

Will it rise further? Will Greece's bailout ending in Feb decrease the value further?
    Are Spain going to follow in Greece's footsteps? QE?

DISCUSS!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭veryangryman

BMmeow wrote: »

DISCUSS!

You sound like my fukcing history exam! ARGH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

You sound like my fukcing history exam! ARGH!

Pirate history exams?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Will BMmeow win money in Vegas? Stay tuned in to find out!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,427 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Will little tommy drown down the well?
    Will Timmy come to the rescue in time?
    Stayed tuned for the exciting outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

The problem will really show when companies now start imposing those new VAT EU rules in online purchases. With a lower Euro and added VAT, some online stores going to get pricey

• Registered Users Posts: 82,299 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It already is at parity if you take the sales tax and actual rate you receive in to account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Football Friend

That would be an ecumenical matter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

It already is at parity if you take the sales tax and actual rate you receive in to account.

That's very true, all the prices displayed in America are ex VAT or "Sales Tax" as its known there. I bought three iPad's back from America last year and saved considerably, no saving at all now and as it nears parity they will be cheaper in Ireland, but Apple will probably jack up the Euro price cover against losses.

Gold will appreciate alot I think and once panic sets in proper in the Eurozone we will see a steady climb in the price of the yellow stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Its impossible to know where the euro dollar value will be this time next year. The euro is likely to fall in the short them though, with the quantitative easing and greek shocks taking effect.

If I had oil central heating, I'd be filling the tank now. While the price of oil may drop a little further, the loss in the value of the euro will more than offset it. I give it two weeks at most before we see rises in petrol at the pumps again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I give it two weeks at most before we see rises in petrol at the pumps again.

Was thinking the same thing myself earlier. The euro weakness and the change in Saudi king can only drive the price at the pumps up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

The all ighty ollar? Oh, I get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭BMmeow

so no one expects to see it rise again in the next few months? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

I kinda hope it does rise even just to what it was a few weeks ago... Kinda shocked me seeing 1.08 sell rate at AIB today. I bought dollars in early December for 1.20! I'm heading to the states for a j1 in May and I was hoping to have a nice chunk going over.... Then again, if things keep going the same way I'll cream it coming home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I have a hape of dimes and quarters in a jar, watching my fortune accumulate doing feck all is bliss.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Resistance at the moment is 1.1138 at the lower end.
    Have a long position for this week myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

so no one expects to see it rise again in the next few months? :(

I'm hoping it will! Going to new York in may so if it keeps dropping il be disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Pete123456 wrote: »
    I kinda hope it does rise even just to what it was a few weeks ago... Kinda shocked me seeing 1.08 sell rate at AIB today. I bought dollars in early December for 1.20! I'm heading to the states for a j1 in May and I was hoping to have a nice chunk going over.... Then again, if things keep going the same way I'll cream it coming home!

Bought lots of stuff from the states in 2009 at something like 1.52. In 2011 bought a few thousand quids worth of stuff at 1.35 odd IIRC. Tiz mad to think its near parity now.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Opinions on how low the euro will drop! (or rise)

After dropping to an all time low since 2003 the other day, the euro has risen 0.4% today to $1.13.

Will it rise further? Will Greece's bailout ending in Feb decrease the value further?
    Are Spain going to follow in Greece's footsteps? QE?

DISCUSS!

Don't care....I made a years wages in a week buying the Ruble when everyone said it was going through the floor.

There's a phrase:

DYOR

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭adam88

Calibos wrote: »
    Bought lots of stuff from the states in 2009 at something like 1.52. In 2011 bought a few thousand quids worth of stuff at 1.35 odd IIRC. Tiz mad to think its near parity now.

Stuff was for nothing at the 1.52 rates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭BMmeow

Egginacup wrote: »
    Don't care....I made a years wages in a week buying the Ruble when everyone said it was going through the floor.

There's a phrase:

DYOR

any advice? (besides dyor, which i am) :)

Advertisement