Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Given different Item to advertised by Electronics shop

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

whippet wrote: »
    I assume your confirming my suspicion that the OP has an IPS display, got what he paid for, found something on a 3rd party website that was incorrect .. decided that he was an expert in screen technology and could tell the difference and actually he can't?

You know, it's not exactly easy to mistake a TN panel for an IPS Panel, the difference in viewing nagles is huge.

Seems like you don't know what an IPS display is, since it's very hard for someone who knows what one is to not know the difference.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

davo10 wrote: »
    You've missed the main point of your whole post, OP did not read the spec and then order that computer which was advertised FOR SALE ONLINE, instead the OP walked in and bought one off the shelf. We can only presume that the OP had time to check the spec before purchasing.
    The op checked the spec by asking was it the same as the online one, he was told it was. Therefore the shop sold him something that was not as they described it. He is right to look for a remedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Goods must be as described - the buyer must not be mislead into buying something by the description of goods or services given orally by a salesperson or an advertisement.

Their website is an advertisement and the advertisement contents were verified orally by the salesperson. Its an open and shut case as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭Polar101

The only thing that is confusing is why they were selling the lower spec version for the same price - but clearly the shop are in the wrong here.

Advertisement