Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Treadmill tripping RCD.

Options
  • 26-01-2015 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭

Anyone able to help resolve this. Recently, my treadmill has started to cause the RCD to trip. This only happens when the treaadmill is switched on after being powered off for a while. When I reset the RCD, and start the treadmill, it will run as normal. However, the next time I use the machine, it will initially trip the RCD again.
    I have replaced the RCD, as I suspected it may be faulty, but this has made no difference.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Slick50 wrote: »
    Anyone able to help resolve this. Recently, my treadmill has started to cause the RCD to trip. This only happens when the treaadmill is switched on after being powered off for a while. When I reset the RCD, and start the treadmill, it will run as normal. However, the next time I use the machine, it will initially trip the RCD again.
    I have replaced the RCD, as I suspected it may be faulty, but this has made no difference.

Why did you replace the RCD without testing it?

Probably a leaky capacitor somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

Why did you replace the RCD without testing it?

Because I don't have a way of testing it.
    Probably a leaky capacitor somewhere.

I was told that could be responsible, so will probably have to go for a new control panel. Thanks.

Advertisement