Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice for driving test

• 26-01-2015 10:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

I am just about to book my driving test for the second time and have a few questions.

How soon could I be called to sit the test?

If I am called for the test and it is too soon can I rechedule and will I have to pay a fee to do this?

I will be doing it in Rather. What car will be used for the test as my own car is not suitable at the moment.

I failed mainly on Observation and Signals the last time I sat the test. Could anyone advise me on how to improve in theres areas. Are pre tests necessary?

Its 3 years since I sat my test so let me know if I missed anything important

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

DarraghR wrote: »

How soon could I be called to sit the test?

Wait times vary depending on the test centre. It can be as short as eight weeks, or as long as twelve. The RSA have a list of the average wait times per centre, on their website, but it is just an estimate, not an exact number.

If I am called for the test and it is too soon can I rechedule and will I have to pay a fee to do this?

Yes, you can reschedule. No, there is no fee.

I will be doing it in Rather. What car will be used for the test as my own car is not suitable at the moment.

It is up to the person doing the test to provide the car. The test centres do not provide cars for tests. If your own car is not suitable, you could borrow a friend or family members car, as long as you are insured to drive it. Or you could contact a driving school and see about borrowing one of their cars, for a fee. Whatever car you use, make sure you get some practice time driving it before your test. Don't do your test in a car you have never driven before.

I failed mainly on Observation and Signals the last time I sat the test. Could anyone advise me on how to improve in theres areas. Are pre tests necessary?

If it has been three years since your last test, a pretest may not be a bad idea. It is not technically necessary, as you can sit your test without doing one. However, an instructor can advise you to what you have been doing wrong previously, as well as correct any additional bad habits you may have picked up in the mean time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

i booked mine for tallaght and there was a delay of about 3 weeks before i got notification, which was exactly then one month to the day.

does anybody have a checklist of everything that is needed to ensure goes ahead smoothly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

They say that when they give you your test date the test will be approx. 4 weeks away from the date they tell you your test date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭DarraghR

www.adischoolofmotoring.com has videos of most of the routes. Watched one last night and found it really helpful

Advertisement