Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty E-Fibre Router, I need a replacement

Options
  • 26-01-2015 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭

The router I was given when I got eFibre is faulty. First off, the signal would get lost every 6 to 10 hrs. The problems have gotten progressively worse.

Now, only 1 thing can be connected via WiFi. Nothing else can connect when any one other thing is connected, and this goes for wired connections too.

What are my options here? The biggest mistake I ever made was signing up for eFibre, it's been one massive disappointment after the next.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    The router I was given when I got eFibre is faulty. First off, the signal would get lost every 6 to 10 hrs. The problems have gotten progressively worse.

Now, only 1 thing can be connected via WiFi. Nothing else can connect when any one other thing is connected, and this goes for wired connections too.

What are my options here? The biggest mistake I ever made was signing up for eFibre, it's been one massive disappointment after the next.

Hi gerrybbadd

If the router is at fault another one can be arranged free of charge however a call to eircoms technical support department will be required as they must run tests to confirm that it's actually a modem fault or a change in wireless channels is required. Technical support can be contacted on 1890260260 although you can also reach them via webchat : www.eircom.ie/chatnow

thanks
    Al

Advertisement