Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contacts npt appearing on sony xperia z2

Options
  • 26-01-2015 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi Forum,

I hope someone can help.. My friend broke her htc phone so she got a new sony z2 but all her contacts are lost. she said she had them saved on the sim card but when she went to the new phone there wasn't a single one! I am clueless as I have a battered iPhone that is locked to o2 so it would be no use to her as she's Vodafone and she cant retrieve any data from the old phone as it won't turn on... Not sure if anyone can help her in how to try to get them back but I am asking anyway & would really appreciate if someone could help please :-)

Thank you in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

SIM cards dont get storage preferance anymore for contacts (too much detail stored nowadays). Two situations are possible here:

* All contacts were stored on the phone memory of the HTC
    * All contacts were synced with her Google account

Please make sure she is signed into the same Google account on her Z2 and that Sync is on for Contacts (Settings - Accounts / Sync / Google - Contacts). This can be also confirmed by signing into her desktop Gmail and viewing contacts from there.

Otherwise if the phone memory is not accessible, its possible the contacts are backed up in .VCF format on the SD card of the phone (if it had one). What HTC was it? What happens when you try turn it on, do you get any power?

Finally, if the phone is dead and sync wasn't enabled and no SD backup is available - then she's out of luck I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 vero14

Hey, I think its a htc 1 mini, she wasn't sure & she doesn't have box sorry! It powers on but the screen is completely smashed so she cant read anything! I'm guessing that if you connected the usb cable to a laptop you wouldn't retrieve them? I am technical minded in anyway so I am useless at stuff like this! My phone still works and its in good condition as I have a case for it so I don't ever upgrade! if its not broken don't fix it I say :-) Thanks for your help ill pass it on to her see if that's any help but if you could do the usb thing can u let me know pls? thanks for your prompt response I am grateful.. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

With the screen smashed, control of the phone will be difficult of course. Does the touch still work, can you see anything at all? The HTC 1 Mini has no SD slot so all memory is internal. The fact that it still turns on could be your saviour here but again, it all depends entirely on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 vero14

I'm being honest in saying I actually don't know but I will give her the info you have given me & hopefully it might help her... Thank you so much for your help & support, I really appreciate it.

Advertisement