Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Almost 500 cases of female genital mutilation identified in just one month in England

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭DeadHand

I never said anything like that. I would be happy to see people locked up for engaging in this practice. I just amn't stupid enough to believe RobYourBuilder gives a **** outside of his little sphere of interest.

Did I mention you?

Happy to see people punished for it but, apparently, unhappy to see people highlight it...

Incidentally, Rob just started an excellent thread on homophobic bullying.

Check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Wibbs I'm on the phone so can't quote your post but you've taken me up wrong. Genital mutilation of infants is abhorrent regardless of their gender apart from that one huge similarity the practices have many very important differences and imo need to be tackled differently - though both need to be stopped. MGM is culturally acceptable in many western societies, FGM is not. One needs to have its wide spread, liberal western acceptability questioned and demolished; the other needs to be eliminated amongst immigrant communities of mostly non-western origin. The fact that MGM is culturally acceptable means that vastly more FGM operations are carried out in secrecy and taken to greater extremes, which, combined with te fact that penises, menstrual blood and babies go in and come out of vaginas means that the likelihood of complications for FGM victims is far higher. MGM doesn't constantly have to be compared to FGM (or at least there doesn't need to be this constant insistence that they're exactly the same) in order to argue against it, it's a barbaric practice and that can be understood by discussing it by itself.

I mean look at the OP. How many babies are sent to the UK for MGM? Few to none I'd wager, because it can bring done anywhere. Does that not illustrate the differences (which, no to labour the point, I don't mean in a moral sense but in regards to efforts to eliminate the practices)? There are going to be vastly different educational, legislative etc tools needed for the eradication of each and I just do not understand this insistence that one is not allowed to be discussed without it turning into a competition with the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭DeadHand

I just do not understand this insistence that one is not allowed to be discussed without it turning into a competition with the other.

Me neither.

ALWAYS happens on FGM threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭spikeS

Wibbs I'm on the phone so can't quote your post but you've taken me up wrong. Genital mutilation of infants is abhorrent regardless of their gender apart from that one huge similarity the practices have many very important differences and imo need to be tackled differently - though both need to be stopped. MGM is culturally acceptable in many western societies, FGM is not. One needs to have its wide spread, liberal western acceptability questioned and demolished; the other needs to be eliminated amongst immigrant communities of mostly non-western origin. The fact that MGM is culturally acceptable means that vastly more FGM operations are carried out in secrecy and taken to greater extremes, which, combined with te fact that penises, menstrual blood and babies go in and come out of vaginas means that the likelihood of complications for FGM victims is far higher. MGM doesn't constantly have to be compared to FGM (or at least there doesn't need to be this constant insistence that they're exactly the same) in order to argue against it, it's a barbaric practice and that can be understood by discussing it by itself.

I mean look at the OP. How many babies are sent to the UK for MGM? Few to none I'd wager, because it can bring done anywhere. Does that not illustrate the differences (which, no to labour the point, I don't mean in a moral sense but in regards to efforts to eliminate the practices)? There are going to be vastly different educational, legislative etc tools needed for the eradication of each and I just do not understand this insistence that one is not allowed to be discussed without it turning into a competition with the other.

But FGM is culturally acceptable in the communities it's done in, the question is should we be pushing our culture onto them.

It's like the prime directive in Star Trek, we should not interfere in other cultures they need to evolve on their own not be forced by our morality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

spikeS wrote: »
    But FGM is culturally acceptable in the communities it's done in, the question is should we be pushing our culture onto them.

It's like the prime directive in Star Trek, we should not interfere in other cultures they need to evolve on their own not be forced by our morality

Why is it I doubt the sincerity of the above post?

If "pushing our morality" on them means stopping them from slicing up children's genitals then yeah, we fcuking should be. How that's gone about is a different question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭obplayer

Grayson wrote: »
    It still involves mutilating the genitals of little boys. can you honestly imagine anyone excusing FGM because it provides a minimal health benefit?

I have never at any time said I approve of circumcision of infant boys, indeed I would happily criminalise it. I have said male circumcision can have medical benefits, even just personal ones when the foreskin is too tight, but it should be a voluntary procedure not available until the male is at least 12. That is my last comment on male circumcision in this thread.

If "pushing our morality" on them means stopping them from slicing up children's genitals then yeah, we fcuking should be. How that's gone about is a different question.

To Muslims and Jews it's part of their culture why do we get to push our western ideals onto them, how do you suggest we change their culture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭obplayer

I am torn on this FGM is awful but I don't think we should be interfering with Muslim culture either, maybe we should try to discuss it with them and eventually they will change their mind on FGM over time without us forcing our ways on them.

It is a part of some cultures, not necessarily Muslim, but not all cultures are equal. It was the culture in India to burn widows alive on the funeral pyre beside their dead husbands but as one British general commented, it was British culture to hang murderers, and Suttee was rightly stamped out. Some practices are just wrong and should be ended and I don't care about being 'culturally insensitive' when eradicating them.

Andreward wrote: »
    You have made it a competition in your post above by comparing the harm done by both and then you complain that people are making it a competition.

Which I would not have done if the "hey MGM is bad too look how bad it is it's totally as bad as FGM I suppose you're probably grand with milder FGM" posts hadn't come up. That's what turned it into a competition, I was simply responding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

I just do not understand this insistence that one is not allowed to be discussed without it turning into a competition with the other.
    Which I would not have done if the "hey MGM is bad too look how bad it is it's totally as bad as FGM I suppose you're probably grand with milder FGM" posts hadn't come up. That's what turned it into a competition, I was simply responding.
    People only starting discussing MGM when posters claimed incorrectly that there is no comparison between the two.
    And this only happened after someone complained about MGM being brought up in threads like this, even though it had not been mentioned at that point.

I think both FGM and MGM are abhorrent and should be banned.
    But the double standard in how they are treated can be very annoying to put up with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

Gotta say, I kind of disagree with being called mutilated because I was circumcised due to having phimosis as a child.

Never caused me any problems and the woman likes it as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭reprise

DeadHand wrote: »
    Hard to argue with this grim assessment.

Once again, the paralysing, poisonous political correctness that is so deeply ingrained in English officialdom conspires to allow evil in that country. Once again, it is the weakest and most vulnerable who are sacrificed at the altar of "diversity" and "race relations".

The fact is, this is an imported evil. It came to Britain with immigration.

As we saw on this very thread with the immediate, personalised attempts to vilify and shout down the OP, there is a significant body of left-leaning people here and elsewhere who believe ethnic minorities should be above criticism and that anyone highlighting barbarity like this is some kind of bigot.

This is dishonest and helps no-one.

Funny the things mainstream feminism gets sore over. The great enemy today is Page 3. On FGM among ethnic minorities in Britain? Deafening silence.

Of course, if FGM was something being forced on children by mostly white, indigenous men or anyone other than the pet minorities of the left, Harriet Harman and co would be out manning (personing?) the barricades.

As it is, it seems the exposure of pert boobs is a greater societal ill than the mutilation of baby girls.

True.

In Ireland of course, the road to enlightenment in all matters FGM has been equally glittering.

Time was, you couldn't open the Irish Times without being bombarded with the latest tale of another (inevitably) Nigerian "asylum seeker", apparently being ruthlessly forced out of the State to return to an inevitable fate.

No truck was given to those who suggested that internal relocation was possible in a country of the size of Germany and France combined. Overnight experts abound from the usual ranks of the loony left. One could only cower at the shear vitriol and hatred for those who would inflict fgm, as though they were a species apart on home soil.

Turns out, the resistance to the practice wasn't quite as robust as appeared and those who would perform the acts, were quite happy to join the "asylum seeker" route with the prospective errr victims.

Now the problem is on our soil, we can pursue a well worn path, trod by our British betters and therefore supported by Sinn Fein (if not their voters) and others and simply "celebrate diversity".

Problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

fgm is an abhorrent practice and it would appear its an issue for us aswell. not only is it abhorrent its criminal making those who carry out the act criminals.
    _____________________________________________________________________________

DESPITE FEMALE GENITAL mutilation being outlawed in Ireland in 2012, there have been no prosecutions to date under the legislation.

The gardaí confirmed to TheJournal.ie that no one has been prosecuted yet under the Act.

The Criminal Justice (Female Genital Mutilation) Act 2012 makes it a criminal offence for someone resident in Ireland to perform FGM. The maximum penalty under all sections of this new law is a fine or imprisonment for up to 14 years or both.
    It is also a criminal offence for someone resident in Ireland to take a girl to another country to undergo FGM.

It is estimated that 3,780 women in Ireland have undergone female genital mutilation (FGM), although it is estimated that the numbers could be much higher. Many of these women would have had it carried out in other countries, though AkiDwA, a minority ethnic-led national network of migrant women living in Ireland, believes that it is still being carried out here.

The difficulty is detection. The only way to know if FGM has been carried out on someone is to have a physical exam and while it has been floated by other countries that perhaps young school girls should be screened, this raises a whole host of legal, privacy and child welfare issues and it would also be an invasion of the privacy of young girls.

Mbugua said that FGM is usually detected by GPs or doctors in maternity hospitals. “Often the women had FGM carried out on them when they were very young and may not even remember it. Doctors often notice when women present in maternity hospitals when they are having a baby,” she said.

http://www.thejournal.ie/female-genital-mutilation-no-convictions-ireland-1600231-Aug2014/

because of the medical ethics involved perhaps doctors and such should be given powers to file a report if they suspect a case of fgm and then let the guards take over. once that happens an investigation can begin and the person questioned under oath to figure out if someone can be taken to task for it. anyone who engages in this practice is a criminal by way of the laws of this state. and if you support it or turn a blind eye to it then they are no better either.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Aurum

DeadHand wrote: »

Funny the things mainstream feminism gets sore over. The great enemy today is Page 3. On FGM among ethnic minorities in Britain? Deafening silence.

Of course, if FGM was something being forced on children by mostly white, indigenous men or anyone other than the pet minorities of the left, Harriet Harman and co would be out manning (personing?) the barricades.

As it is, it seems the exposure of pert boobs is a greater societal ill than the mutilation of baby girls.

Feminist groups regularly campaign about the issue. However, there is so much more media coverage for Page 3 debate because the story will get so many more hits than an "Earnest FGM Report Published" article ever would. Unless you're actively involved in campaigning or policy analysis you're not going to see most of the anti-FGM reports, speeches etc. because they're not widely reported. Also, Harman has spoken against FGM a number of times over the years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Gotta say, I kind of disagree with being called mutilated because I was circumcised due to having phimosis as a child.

Doesn't every boy have phimosis as a child? As you grow older the foreskin begins to retract more and more due to pulling it back/stretching it bit by bit to clean it and, well, masturbating. An uncut and cut penis should still look pretty much the same erect. It's when someone's an adult who wasn't lucky enough to naturally cause the foreskin to retract over time and now it is impossible to pull back, even when erect, to the point it causes pain that surgery/circumcission is needed. Some American parents who have actually changed their opinions on circumcission and chose to not cut their sons even help them learn to properly do this while cleaning to best make sure they don't end up with phimosis.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

FGM is a wicked, vile and barbaric practice that has no place anywhere in the world. It is all about making life a misery for women and denying them pleasure from sex. I'm shocked that the practice is happening in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ALiasEX

If i cut your arm off it wouldn't be mutilation because some people are amputated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,603 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Imagine if it was their 'culture' to chop off the index finger of every female baby

Now are you still in favour of it?

What if it's their culture to kill the first born baby as a sacrifice to their god.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,370 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Akrasia wrote: »
    Imagine if it was their 'culture' to chop off the index finger of every female baby

What if it's their culture to kill the first born baby as a sacrifice to their god.....

No they shouldnt but its a bit rich when many western cultures cut the foreskin off baby boys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

ALiasEX wrote: »
    If i cut your arm off it wouldn't be mutilation because some people are amputated?

Medically necessitated amputations are carried out regularly.

Besides, we're talking about a vestigial piece of skin, not an arm, about as useful as an appendix. Foreskin needed to be removed in my case as it was causing more trouble than it was worth. I don't miss it or anything, and neither have any of my partners.

Tbh I think the rage about male circumcision is caused more by misunderstanding and squeamishness than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

while we are discussing fgm and similar stuff, it might be worth mentioning that many baby girls get killed just after birth, or aborted before, just for being girls in parts of the world...shows how screwed up this whole human society is in so many ways...hurting, mutilating and killing little kids just for culture and/or religion...

Wurzelbert wrote: »
    can the supposed link between male circumcision and any form of cancer (cervical or penis) be seen as proven beyond doubt by now? i used to think of it as just a theory, but i might not be up-to-date...what proof is there? any good scientific studies with unambiguous results? or do fully circumcised countries like israel have significantly fewer such cancer cases in the age groups in question? would be interesting to know...

to add to my post and help answer my own questions on circumcision in the usa and cancer...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Besides, we're talking about a vestigial piece of skin, not an arm, about as useful as an appendix..
    It is most certainly not a vestigial piece of skin. This seems to be a common belief, but it's very wrong. Its a complex bit of anatomy, filled with erogenous nerves, blood vessels and even unique cells found nowhere else. It serves a protective purpose to the head of the penis, which is a semi internal structure not evolved to be exposed constantly. That's before the other purposes within arousal and intercourse itself. While men who have had it removed can of course have perfectly good sex lives(even more so if they have a condition that actually requires its removal), but something has been lost and it is not a vestigial something.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

on a less serious note, having a foreskin might save your life when captured by militant arabs...easy proof you are not jewish...as that guy wrote in bravo two zero...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ALiasEX

Medically necessitated amputations are carried out regularly.

Besides, we're talking about a vestigial piece of skin, not an arm, about as useful as an appendix. Foreskin needed to be removed in my case as it was causing more trouble than it was worth. I don't miss it or anything, and neither have any of my partners.

Tbh I think the rage about male circumcision is caused more by misunderstanding and squeamishness than anything else.
    What Wibbs said.

Also, that was my part of my point about amputations. They are medically needed for some but if I cut off your arm just for fun, it is mutilation.

Just because you needed (that might actually not be true) to be medically circumcised does not mean it should not be called mutilation when done unnecessarily.

Akrasia wrote: »

It's not our place to change their culture is the point, I don't agree with it but it's not for us to force our ways onto people

It's not our place to change their culture is the point, I don't agree with it but it's not for us to force our ways onto people

as far as i am concerned that can apply in their own countries...we cannot heal the world, but we can certainly try to make sure at least our laws and values are respected in our countries...

as far as i am concerned that can apply in their own countries...we cannot heal the world, but we can certainly try to make sure at least our laws and values are respected in our countries...

Their countries are a mess cause of the west, we need to look after them cause of what we have caused and while they are here in a unknown foreign land forcing them to change their culture seems wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

Their countries are a mess cause of the west, we need to look after them cause of what we have caused and while they are here in a unknown foreign land forcing them to change their culture seems wrong.

This is one of the most condescending things that I've heard in a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I'm sorry, but why is it wrong to tell someone that something they are doing is wrong, when it is so very obvious that it is wrong? I think the term 'politically correct' is overused and misused, as is 'politically correct gone mad', but in this case you appear to be falling over yourself to appear politically correct, and in the process are defending political correctness gone mad. I am sorry but cutting the clitoris off a young girl and partially sewing up he vagina is wrong. There, I said it. it is wrong in this culture, and it is wrong in any culture where it happens. As far as I can see it is, or should be, seen as universally wrong, I am not aware of anywhere in the universe where this practice could be considered right.

I don't give a sh1t if I am considered to be a privileged white man living in the west. I appreciate that the west have not always got thing correct, but that does not stop me from looking at a practice, where ever it happens to be carried out, and analysing it using principles that are accessible to all and coming to the conclusion that it is wrong. That is not racist, nor is it something we should be scared of doing.

MrP

MrPudding wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but why is it wrong to tell someone that something they are doing is wrong, when it is so very obvious that it is wrong? I think the term 'politically correct' is overused and misused, as is 'politically correct gone mad', but in this case you appear to be falling over yourself to appear politically correct, and in the process are defending political correctness gone mad. I am sorry but cutting the clitoris off a young girl and partially sewing up he vagina is wrong. There, I said it. it is wrong in this culture, and it is wrong in any culture where it happens. As far as I can see it is, or should be, seen as universally wrong, I am not aware of anywhere in the universe where this practice could be considered right.

I don't give a sh1t if I am considered to be a privileged white man living in the west. I appreciate that the west have not always got thing correct, but that does not stop me from looking at a practice, where ever it happens to be carried out, and analysing it using principles that are accessible to all and coming to the conclusion that it is wrong. That is not racist, nor is it something we should be scared of doing.

MrP

I am weary of telling minority cultures what is ok be it on race,gender,sexuality, it's not for us in the majority to say what is ok for you cause we might not like it

I am weary of telling minority cultures what is ok be it on race,gender,sexuality, it's not for us in the majority to say what is ok for you cause we might not like it

If they're going to live amongst our society when they could easily just stay back in their own, they need to abide by our laws no matter what their fuking beliefs are.

If you had a friend with children and you invited them over to your house and the children did something bold and your friend started hitting the kids would you still pander to what they're doing since your sooo sensitive to people's different methods?

If they're going to live amongst our society when they could easily just stay back in their own, they need to abide by our laws no matter what their fuking beliefs are.

Our western culture has messed up theirs with slavery and wars, if they leave to get away from the damage we did to their home we should be careful no to damage their culture now
    If you had a friend with children and you invited them over to your house and the children did something bold and your friend started hitting the kids would you still pander to what they're doing since your sooo sensitive to people's different methods?

They are not trying to circumcise our kids only their own in accordance with their culture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Our western culture has messed up theirs with slavery and wars, if they leave to get away from the damage we did to their home we should be careful no to damage their culture niw

They can retain their culture, they are not allowed to break the laws of the land no matter who they are.

Our western culture has messed up theirs with slavery and wars, if they leave to get away from the damage we did to their home we should be careful no to damage their culture now

They are not trying to circumcise our kids only their own in accordance with their culture

Did you know that white Irish people were also used as slaves?

And answer the original question, would you allow your friend to continue hitting his children while in your home?

“cause of the west”? tell me how we – the west – have caused fgm? or how we have caused it in ethiopia which was never even a western colony? how did the west screw up ethiopia anyway? i think yours is a dangerously oversimplistic and monocausal view and also somewhat racist...

“cause of the west”? tell me how we – the west – have caused fgm? or how we have caused it in ethiopia which was never even a western colony? how did the west screw up ethiopia anyway? i think yours is a dangerously oversimplistic and monocausal view and also somewhat racist...

The west caused Africa to lose many of it good people due to slavery which set them back, the West didn't cause fgm that's part of the culture we just made it so the country did not get to development as much during slave times as we stole their workforce from them

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Jesus another one. Cultural relativism mixed with a large dollop of white man's guilt. Marvelous...

I don't see cultures as equal and this is pretty demonstrable. Some aspects of some cultures are just primitive nonsense that have no place in the 21st century. Chopping bits off girls fannies is one of them.
    Then and I'm sorry to have to channel Enoch Powell here, they should head off to a culture that allows such primitive nonsense, rather than pollute cultures that see it for the retaded nonsense it is.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Did you know that white Irish people were also used as slaves?

And answer the original question, would you allow your friend to continue hitting his children while in your home?

I did answer it it's a strawman cause they are not trying to force anything on us they just want to continue using their culture for themselves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

Do you not deem their children worthy of our protection from this barbaric procedure?
    Our laws are for the protection of everyone.

Do you not deem their children worthy of our protection from this barbaric procedure?
    Our laws are for the protection of everyone.

Yes but should not be used to erase a culture, it's like the prime directive in star trek, you might want to interfere but shouldn't.

The west caused Africa to lose many of it good people due to slavery which set them back, the West didn't cause fgm that's part of the culture we just made it so the country did not get to development as much during slave times as we stole their workforce from them
    Are you having a bloody laugh? Man you really drank the Kool aid as the Yanks say.

The west caused slavery eh? ORLY? You do realise that the vast majority of the slavery trade over the last thousand years was Middle Eastern in origin(and still is)? You do realize that African slavery lasted a couple of centuries in the west before it was banned in the same west? You do realise that most of those who supplied slavesrealiseto both the west were Africans themselves? Oh and as for the "west" definition, almost the entirety of slavery peddled by those awful white people was in the New World.

Yes but should not be used to erase a culture, it's like the prime directive in star trek, you might want to interfere but shouldn't.
    Star Trek? Star effin Trek? My response to that is either A) What the ever living f... or B) well played troll, well played.

you are aware that the greatest slave traders since antiquity are not westerners but arabs, right?

I did answer it it's a strawman cause they are not trying to force anything on us they just want to continue using their culture for themselves

It's not about them forcing it on us, obviously we're not stupid enough to being even close to being capable of being forced to copy their culture, it's about them doing something to their children that you don't agree with while in your house. By your logic, them hitting their child could be part of their culture and since it's okay for them to do in their own house it's also okay to continue doing it while in your house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,325 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

people give relativism a bad wrap. It's seen as all tree hugging liberal etc.. thing is that most tree huggers don't support relativism. As an ethical stance it's bat**** crazy. Yes, it's important to realise that our morals are just ours. Our customs are no more or less important/better than anyone else's.
    That doesn't mean that we can ignore certain abuses. just because something is someone's culture doesn't mean we can accept mutilating a child. This goes for both males and females. If there's one thing to be learned from Relativism it's that tolerance is a virtue but it shouldn't be the single guiding principle.

(the way I look at FGM/Circumcision is that they are both the same issue. yes, FGM is more brutal but i see it like this. Imagine someone went around punching girls in both eyes but guys in one eye. Yes, the girls have it worse but that doesn't mean that we should ignore the guys. We should be stopping everyone from mutilitating the genitals of children)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

According to the UN, there are currently between 15 - 20 million people enslaved today. Unfortunately for them, they are not enslaved by whitey. So nobody really cares about their plight.

According to the UN, there are currently between 15 - 20 million people enslaved today. Unfortunately for them, they are not enslaved by whitey. So nobody really cares about their plight.

sad but true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,370 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

you are aware that the greatest slave traders since antiquity are not westerners but arabs, right?

Its okay as their descendants didnt survive to complain about it I guess.

Advertisement