Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No bake chocolate biscuit cake.

• 27-01-2015 12:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭

Can anyone point me in the direction of a recipe for a good Chocolate biscuit cake?
    I want to make one but I've bamboozled by the variation of ingredients that have been suggested to me, condensed milk, melted marshmallow, none of those but add golden syrup.

I want it as traditional as possible, preferably not kiddy sweet gunk.
    Any tried and tested recipes would be very welcome

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,334 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I used the Odlums recipe before and it was pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

Most cake decorators follow the Odlums recipe. Adding marshmallows, Maltesers, Crunchie etc turns it into more of a rocky road. If you don't want it too sweet use more dark chocolate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Zaph wrote: »
    I used the Odlums recipe before and it was pretty good.

Thanks very much to you both, that looks like a good one! And a thumbs up from two people means I can proceed with confidence!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I use Odlums too, add Malteasers but not marshmallow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

toadfly wrote: »
    I use Odlums too, add Malteasers but not marshmallow.

Me three ;) know the measurements off by heart at this stage from making it lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

Popped in for a nose that recipe looks amazing :)

Advertisement